Rank Your Favorite Games

Post what you like here. No adult content, please.

Re: Rank Your Favorite Games

Postby Jac » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Elaura wrote:Jac forgot Mass Effect, though I can't say which part he liked best. I realize it was Diablo 2 with the expansions I loved, not 3.

The first one. I also forgot Dragon Age 1 & 3 (I won't talk about 2).
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Fenrir » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:53 pm

Having put more thought into it, I'll make a brief list.
Okami
Fallout New Vegas (modded and unmodded)
Red Dead Redemption
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance
Skyrim
Oblivion
JJBA: Eyes of Heaven (not normally into fighting games, but this one was really fun)
And Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I know people have mixed feelings about the series, but I think Brotherhood does everything the best. No particular order.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: A Stray

Postby soap » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:51 am

Respect Adul, I like your choices. I myself played Guild Wars for 6 years, but only got about 3200 hours. But adored almost every minute. I still have it installed and jump in every so often, but never for too long. I was so excited for Guild Wars2 and barely logged 20 hours before deleting it. Huge difference in enjoyment.

I haven't played with the site yet, but I know id have a really long list. I'll re-post when I got it going.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby Adul » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:47 am

Thanks, Soap! I adore GW too, I think it's the only big "modern" RPG out there with a respectable tactical combat mechanic. And it had amazing expansions, which added added two new, full-length campaigns on top of what was already there. It was very high quality content too, in fact, Factions is probably my favorite out of the three campaigns. I've played GW to death, although now I think enough time might have passed to allow me to enjoy another playthrough. I should get on that, one of these days.

I was devastated when I learned that they had removed the squad mechanics from the sequel, essentially taking one of the most unique online games out there and turning it into a standard MMORPG. Instead of respecting their roots, ArenaNet went and copied heavily from games like Rift, WOW, and Everquest, and slapped on the Guild Wars name just so they could coerce money out of the die-hard fans who allowed themselves to be misled by their marketing. I'm still angry at them for how they treated those of us who supported them from the beginning.
Adul
Warden

Postby fleet » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:39 am

I'll rank my top two, based on the fact that I still go back and play them:
Sid Meier's Pirates (PC version, 2004)
Titanic Adventure out of Time (1996, designed for Windows 95, and Windows 3.1. Getting this one to run on a Windows 7 computer took extra effort)
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Previous

Return to Anything Goes