Chicken Alfredo

A place to exchange recipes and cooking tips and techniques.

Chicken Alfredo

Postby Jac » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

1-2 chicken breasts skinned and cubed*
1 12oz package of fettuccine noodles
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup of butter (half a stick or 4 Tbsp)
1 1/2 - 2 cups of half and half or cream (more equals more sauce)
3/4 cups Parmesan (Parmigiano-Reggiano) cheese
Salt and pepper

Prepare and cook the chicken. Set aside and cook the noodles per the package directions. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan and sauté the garlic for about 1-2 minutes. Slowly incorporate 1 cup of the cream/h&h and cook an additional two minutes, whisking constantly. Add in the noodles, chicken, rest of the cream/h&H, and season with salt and pepper. Cook an additional 2 minutes while stirring and serve.

*I pressure cooked three chicken thighs and drumsticks for about 45 minutes after the rocker started rocking, then removed the skin and shredded the meat by hand. I didn't weigh the meat, but I had close to a pound. To cook the chicken, I filled a ceramic bowl almost to the top, placed it in the bottom of the cooker, filled the cooker with water about 3/4ths of the way up the side of the bowl, and put the circular rack that came with the cooker on top of the bowl. This allowed me to steam cook the chicken versus boiling it. That way I could keep the flavor without making the chicken water logged.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Return to The Iron Skillet