Duckworth vs Castillo. Oh, the joy.

A place to post news that might interest folks or at least keep people informed. This is an all news topic forum. No adult content, please.

Duckworth vs Castillo. Oh, the joy.

Postby fable2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm

In one corner: Braulio Castillo, CEO of Strong Castle, being investigated by the House for possible contracts fraud improper relationships with federal officials. (Over $500 million in contracts. That's a lot of money, folks.) Castillo filed in 2011 for military disability, claiming an ankle injury he suffered playing football in college--and collected on this claim, despite having gone back at the time to play football, again. "“My family and I have made considerable sacrifices for our country,” he wrote in a request for his company to be allowed access to get all those special contracts.

In the other corner: double-amputee vet Tammy Duckworth, who lost both her legs actually fighting for her country, and is now serving in Congress. Whatever you may think of the war she fought in, she sacrificed. She fought honorably, like any true vet.

Time for a truly glorious smackdown, as Duckworth addresses Castillo face-to-face in Congress. Enjoy.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Re: Duckworth vs Castillo. Oh, the joy.

Postby neildarkstar » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:51 pm

What a jerk. Y'know, those special contract breaks should be reserved for vets who actually served in combat zones and were injured there. I respect vets who served but did not face combat, and their veteran status and benefits are their just due, but it's really not the same thing when it comes to contractual perks. I see it as wounded combat vets first, then vets, then everyone else as far as those perks are concerned.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Re: Duckworth vs Castillo. Oh, the joy.

Postby fable2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:14 pm

And this guy is the lowest of the low: a person who got extra access to contracts based on an ankle injury that kept him from the military but somehow allowed him to continue playing football. That's below people who don't serve, in my opinion. That should be called jailbait.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Return to News Submissions