Torment: Tides of Numenera

2D & 3D games and game mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera

Postby Adul » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Here's a pretty cool engine test video the guys at inXile have thrown together for Torment:

They've gotten this far so quickly because the game will be using more or less the same engine they've built for Wasteland 2. Unlike Wasteland 2, however, the background art in Torment will most likely be rendered in 2D - as seen in the video.
Adul
Warden

Postby Adul » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 pm

And now for something different: a video made by my favorite YouTube content creator MrBtongue about Planescape: Torment.

I'm not always very adept at expressing myself, so I'm thinking I should hire this guy to do it for me.
But then, he already does it for free, so I guess that works, too. :biggrin:
Adul
Warden

Postby MadocMayhem » Tue May 14, 2013 4:35 pm

ohhh I am interested in this as I am a hardcore Torment fan.
Monte Cooks work too, but honestly half happy it's not a sequel, half annoyed as I feel it should be set in that awesome true ad&d setting.
But the video above is selling me on the concept, as that's the core that appealed to me in Planescape:Torment.
Really hope this does well.
Won, to, free, eye sore a monk key on a tire.
MadocMayhem
Supreme Court Jester

Location: If I said under and over, around and through, up and down. This way and that, would you believe me?
Title: Sir, Lord, Hey you!

Postby candesco » Wed May 22, 2013 7:49 am

Jac wrote:I'm a bit leery of anything Obsidian does, but I probably shouldn't be given that their past games were buggy because of the publishers not allowing them the time and resources to properly fix them. That being said, the Planescape world is rich in detail and can certainly support more than the one story. Here's hoping they can pull this off properly.

InXile isn't Obsidian ;) And this game, Torment: Tides of Numenera, is developed by InXile Entertainment. Obsidian Entertainment are the ones which are busy with an other game which is currently known as Project Eternity.
InXile are thoses behind Hunted: The Demon's Forge (got published by bethesda, that co-op game) and the reboot of The Bard's Tale.

Looking forward to this game. Next to Project Eternity from obsidian and the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin from larian this is also a game which i follow. Played PS:T myself and still play it sometimes.
candesco
Associate

Postby Jac » Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Eh, I was thinking of Black Isle. :mockery: That and I knew Obsidian was developing a new game that they got Kickstarter funding for.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Adul » Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 am

And nobody even mentioned Troika yet. Boy, is the employment status of these Interplay/Black Isle/Troika/Obsidian/inXile developers confusing! :biggrin:

Edit: This topic reminds me, there was another short engine video a while back. Nothing new after the last one, but still something pretty cool to look at. I'll post it in case you guys missed it: link
Adul
Warden

Postby Adul » Thu May 21, 2015 11:36 am

InXile have just released a new Torment video, showing a bit off from the setting:

Now that I've played Pillars of Eternity, it's easy to tell Torment uses the same engine. I hear combat will be turn-based, though, which might be a good change. I'm excited to see more!
Adul
Warden

Postby Adul » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:18 am

Here's a combat demo that has just been released:

Combat looks a lot more complex than just using abilities and hitting enemies, which is a good thing. If anything, combat in PoE was too simplified, so I'm glad they've decided to go in a different direction here.

I also like that the game has some more interesting "items" or abilities, like the living tattoos. One thing I miss from the old Infinity Engine games is finding treasures that are not only powerful, but also completely unique and can change the way you play the game. I hope T:ToN will have more of those.
Adul
Warden

Previous

Return to 2D & 3D Games