What computer D&D games have you played?

Let the games begin! Adult content. All Forum Rules apply.

What computer D&D games have you played?

Postby Michael Valentine » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:01 am

Jac wrote:I played a little AD&D 2.0, but it was just me and the DM (there were two of them: different campaigns though) so I never really got into it. I've played a lot of the computer versions though.

Which D&D PC games have you played, people? :chinscratch:

I myself have played Temple of Elemental Evil, Neverwinter Nights (and all its expansions and several mods), Neverwinter Nights 2 (all of its expansions), every Baldur's Gate game known to man, and the Icewind Dale games. I may have left one or two out, not sure.
Last edited by Michael Valentine on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Valentine
Associate

Location: Somewhere, Trying not to creep Elaura out. Possibly failing I think.
Title: The Mephistopheles

Re: What computer D&D games have you played?

Postby Jac » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:14 am

Neverwinter Nights 1 (never played 2 because my computer couldn't run it when it came out).
All of the Baldur's Gate series.
Icewind Dale 1.
The "Gold Box" series by SSI: Pools of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds. I never finished the first, but I did finish the later. The Gold Box games came out in the early to mid '90s, so you may have missed them, Mikey. They were basically computerized versions of the PnP campaigns. If you don't mind the old graphics and can get DOS games to run on your computer, I recommend at least trying them out.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Michael Valentine » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Edited my first post to reflect the new topic split. :biggrin: (even though I only replaced one word)

Anyway, yes, I no doubt missed those ones. Running DOS games aren't a problem, and graphics have never been any concern to me when playing games, so I'll definitely be looking into those. If nothing else, add them to my library for a more complete D&D PC game shelf. ;)

I would also recommend Temple of Elemental Evil to you, Jac (the game version by Troika, not the PnP adventure). That is, if you're interested in playing a game that sticks more to the tradition of PnP D&D (much like Pools of Radiance/Curse of Azure Bonds, though those sounds more traditional) Haven't played a game that tops it in that field...yet. Has some glitches here and there, but overall sticks wonderfully to a PnP sense (especially in regards to tactics), though I'm not overly sure you'd enjoy it. Would look up some videos before thinking about it. Great game in my opinion.
Michael Valentine
Associate

Location: Somewhere, Trying not to creep Elaura out. Possibly failing I think.
Title: The Mephistopheles

Postby Jac » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:26 pm

I have that game but stopped playing it because of the requirement to pay to have my stuff identified by my own guy! 100 gold a pop adds up after awhile. If that was fixed in a patch, I'll see about trying it again.

I've also played both KotoR games even though they aren't strict AD&D games; they did use that system, though, so they count in my book. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Postby swordsman5 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Played NWN and some Baldurs Gate, if you can get DOS games to run then pick up Betrayal at Krondor, one of the best games I've ever played.
If it were to rain soup....I'd have a fork!

swordsman5
Sensei

Title: Sensei

Postby fable2 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Does Temple of Apshai count? That was back in the early 80s, as I recall. Lousy game, even then. Loved BG1, BG2,and best of all, PS:T.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Jac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:55 am

:facepalm: I had forgotten about Planescape: Torment (or was it Planetscape? :chinscratch: ). Great game. I may have to dig it out and play through it again.
Jac
The Boss

Postby fleet » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:50 pm

I've played the PC version of Demonstone, which supposedly has some tie-in with D&D
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Symon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 am

Honestly? None. I avoid them like the plague.

Problem is I started playing RPGs back in '76, and played D&D last in about '81. It just seemed such an obvious 'game' when played, compared to say Runequest, with the rules all cribbed from a bad medieval wargame called Chainmail by the same company and an Outdoor Survival game(!) called 'Outdoor Survival' by one of the same Authors. The original set of rules recommended/required almost you buy these as well. Then I discovered it wasn't even the first RPG (despite claims by the publisher). EPT/Tekumel was way earlier, though only published after D&D and Legacy (? a VERY rare game I'm told) predated as a published (tiny distribution) game. I'm told that TSR did indeed know about these games and it gave them the idea.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.
Symon
Journeyman

Title: Wirrn

Postby fable2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 am

Jac wrote::facepalm: I had forgotten about Planescape: Torment (or was it Planetscape? :chinscratch: ). Great game. I may have to dig it out and play through it again.

Planescape: Torment. Best computerized RPG ever made, in my opinion.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Next

Return to Role Playing