Female ancient Nord Armor (Skyrim)

A place to download and discuss Neildarkstar's mods. No adult content please.

Re: Female ancient Nord Armor (Skyrim)

Postby Spirited Treasure » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Might need to fiddle with the alpha properties?
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby Jac » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:17 pm

No, I think it's because I have to increase the mesh size when using bodyslide. I'll post a picture the next time I try to mess around with it.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby neildarkstar » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Jac wrote:Neil, did you use the vanilla mesh for these or did you modify it to fit the new textures? I ask because I've been trying to port your outfit to UNPB, but I'm running into a blocky bodice and other issues. If it's a vanilla mesh, I think I can grab one that's already ported to UNPB and just use that. Thanks.

It's just a vanilla mesh... "blocky bodice"? :?
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:24 pm

This is what I'm talking about:

Blocky armor.jpg

I've tried using Outfit Studio part of Bodyslide 2 to convert the mesh from vanilla to UNPB, but as you can probably tell, the breasts are blocky. I see that there's a new versions of BS 2 out, so I'll see if I have better luck with that. If I can get it fixed properly, I'll upload 'em here for anybody that wants them.

[edit]: I just checked it in-game and it does show up just like the picture I posted. The boobs also bounce, but it requires UNP BBP and a TBBP skeleton. Unfortunately the bodice is still blocky. :frustrated: BS 2 has a smooth brush, but whenever I use that, the breasts start to poke through. Ah well. I can live with it. I may give that outfit to Mjoll since she's my current spellsword.
Jac
The Boss

Postby neildarkstar » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:33 pm

I never learned to do anything with meshes other than some minor alterations in nifskope. That's because when I was blind, half of Blender's interface was invisible to me. I have noticed that vanilla meshes in Skyrim have issues like this (in particular my "Forsworn Armor" and especially the bare-breasted version), but I've never had any idea what to do about it.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:42 pm

I think it's because there aren't enough vertexes (?) for the smooth function to work properly. Whenever I look at the wireframe, there's a lot of space between the lines. Anyway, it's not a big deal, I was just hoping you'd have an idea, Neil. I'll look into it deeper later.
Jac
The Boss

Postby Drakkmore » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Yeah I can see by looking at this that it is due to lack of verticies, though I wonder why it is that they skimped on the vertyicies in the armor, but not on the bodies of Skyrim????? it could be remedied in Blender if the current nif scripts worked for Skyrim. However sad as it is they do not, and it looks like I will have to DL yet another version of Blender cause I recently read some where that they will not be having the Nif scripts for the current current version of Blender, but for the version that will be current when they actually finish the new set of nif scripts.
Having said all of that stuff, I do believe that if a member of the Wolflore crew has a current version of 3ds Max then they ought to be able to add more verticies, and remedy your blocky bust issue forthwith
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Elaura » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm

I don't think the vanilla bodies were all that complicated either. Jac and I are using modded skeletons and meshes for the bodies. We've got separate bones for each breast and butt cheek and I imagine enough verticies to make a geodome blush. Unfortunately, in my completely uneducated but-I-took-geometry-in-high-school opinion, there ain't enough triangles to make those sweater-puppies look round.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Drakkmore » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:54 pm

hmmm perhaps they decided that since they didn't have to make them realistic looking (rounded) in vanilla MW then they still didn't have to do it in Skyrim.
That's just my guess on it.
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:57 am

Damn, you guys never talk in english do you? Vertices and Blender and nif! Okay, sorry, if I unintentionally hurt somebody...well, I don't understand modelling at all, and was wondering if someone would be so kind as to teach me...Please :mellow:

Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

PreviousNext

Return to Neildarkstar's Mods