Tales of Daiphyer Forum

Fan fiction, poetry, and lore. No adult content, please.

Re: Tales of Daiphyer Forum

Postby soap » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 am

VOLUME 3
Chapter 1

===============================================================
(ORIGNAL POST HERE)
thanks Neil, I'm guessing for my daughter.

Chapter 8 is up (page2, first post), I haven't worked on the comic for a month, chapter 9 is still in production. I managed to make a cover for Volume 2, I posted that also.

I made a bunch of "extras" when I released Volume 1 in Zip for Daiphyer members, when volume 2 is done, I'll make the zip available here for anyone interested, both zips that is. Volume 2 has a few extras as well. Special Edition chapters, outtakes, concept shots, stuff like that. Also Volume 2 has a few re-writes, so the extra's will have stuff I scrapped from the story.
Last edited by soap on Thu May 16, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby soap » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 am

Posted Chapter 9 & 10 (page 2, first post) Chapter 10 concludes the second Volume.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby Jac » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:41 pm

That was a great read, Soap. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby soap » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Here are Download Links with everything and more.

Volume 1 Zip Contains DL LINK http://www.mediafire.com/?3px292y4q1bpm18
[*]Volume 1 All 93 Pages and 5 chapters
[*]April Fools Covers - Concepts by Daiphyer members & myself. (showing stuff that won't happen) (9 images)
[*]Bloopers and Outtakes (9 images)
[*]Concept Shots & Single Images & Yo-Gi-Oh daiphyer cards (67 images) (concept shots are made with Gmod, some are used in the comic, other not directly)

Special Editions (mini comics)
[*]Chapter 1.5 (5 pages) (Featuring Ayabie Chama, daiphyer member that was pretty cool and vanished shortly after I wrote him in)
[*]Kain's Domain (7 Pages)
[*]Sex Camp (9 Pages) (no actual sex in it)

Volume 2 Zip Contains DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?f2dbpwl9dhr2qyt
[*]Volume 2 All 97 Pages and 10 chapters
[*]3 Random 1 result (2 images)
[*]DeadClown Pranks (6 single page comics)(non cannon)
[*]Single Frames (21 images)
[*]Outtakes and Bloopers (28 pages, includes re-writes)
[*]Alternate Court Outcome
[*]other bits and pieces

Special Editions (mini comics)
[*]Halloween (10 pages)
[*]A noble Quest (15 pages)
[*]Birth of DarkEye (6 pages) (dark eye is a forum user that almost got banned... the comic isn't to far fetched in his personality type)
[*]Blind Dates (12 Pages)

No idea if Volume 3 will happen, I feel like I've lost the attention of most of my audience. (dead forum) It's pretty basic stuff, so far, but it's all in good fun. I'll see.

<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby Jac » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:53 pm

soap wrote:No idea if Volume 3 will happen, I feel like I've lost the attention of most of my audience. (dead forum) It's pretty basic stuff, so far, but it's all in good fun. I'll see.

It'd be a shame if you did, Soap. I enjoyed reading it. :goodjob: Maybe you could do something about us? :hubba:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Lagonda0815 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 am

"Tales of Daiphyer Forum" was a real hit in our forum. There might be fewer members around then there used to, but I still felt compelled to bring in my share and contribute to the "Tales of Daiphyer Forum"-Universe, writing my own two little chapters. When I heard that Soap posted his chapters on this forum, I thought: "Why not adding mine like I did on Daiphyer?". Unlike Soap, however, I decided to have one chapter as illustrated novel and only the second one in full comic style and ulike himI did not use GMod, but XNALara. So here they are ... I hope you enjoy them!

The Origins of the Slut-Bot-Transformer
Please also check for the http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bkn3skqp1ymc2j7 nice and shiny high quality version ready for download

First edition 2012
Published online at http://www.daiphyer.com
Text: Lagonda0815
Illustrations: Soap Paizuri, Lagonda0815

Prefarce
Ever since the Slut-Bot-Transformer or “Slutinator” had been introduced to the series “Tales of Daiphyer Forum”, I was wondering just where that thing did come from? Who made it? How? And Why? … All right already: somewhere there is a hint hidden in the comic that the Slut-Bot-Gun as it is called there, was fixed up by Blu3 and handed over to Lagonda. But that’s about it! No further information on that. Somehow I thought that just a shame. Even more, because the Slub-Bot-Gun plays quite an important role in the Second Volume of “Tales of Daiphyer Forum” and at least I, if not other Daiphyernarians too, was keen to know from whence it came and how it came into the possession of Lagonda.

Since our local comic artist Soap Paizuri aka SoapDX has already taken on the demanding but nevertheless most promising task of delving into the movie business and in doing so opened up a whole new world for the Daiphyer Universe, it seemed but the right choice to add a novel to the collection, dealing with yet rather neglected aspects of the “Tales of Daiphyer Forum” …

This chapter, for it is rather a chapter than a novel, even though it follows its style, has been created in fall 2012 by Lagonda0815. It was illustrated in a collaborative creative process by both Lagonda0815 and Soap Paizuri/SoapDX, who introduced me, the author, to the world of rag-dolls and 3D stills creation. I do hope the honorable reader will enjoy this little tale of “The Origins of the Slut-Bot Transformer”.

Lagonda0815
Oct. 18th 2012

Lagonda set out shortly before 5 in the morning, in order to arrive at his destination well before sunrise. It was very unlikely to run into any mods or admins at that early hour and he was especially hoping not to meet Kain along the way. The Enforcer was kind of strict when it came to the no-trespassing rules. After all Lagonda was on his way to mostly deserted parts of Daphyer forum and having to answer question as to his goal would be quite a hassle. Lagonda had agreed with Blu3 to keep the true nature of his quest secret from the others and being an Intern he was as entitled to access even remote and deserted as well as highly restricted areas of the forum, and as such he would not have to fear the consequences of either being warned or even banned, but still Lagonda could not help but feel uneasy at the thought of meeting Kain alone in the field. The Enforcer was not the person who would listen to reason so Lagonda could only hope that due to the increasing number of bots the Enforcer would be far too occupied to spend his days elsewhere.
At 5h30 Lagonda pulled into the hentai section and found a spot where his craft was hardly visible from the main trods. Headlights off he sat for a couple of minutes, thinking back to the latest events that had led to this adventure.

It had all started with an incident a couple of days earlier on. They had assembled in the admin section when suddenly an emergency call came over the intercom.
“EMERGENCY! … We are getting attacked! … There are … oh Lord! … Bots! … They are … “
Kitty made a run for the console but Soap already got hold of it: “Who is this?! … Sign In? Do you read me?” …
No answer.
Down the line they heard the faint sound of breathing. Soap stared at the intercom, a suspicion flashing into his mind when finally the connection broke down completely.
“What is it? What happened there?” Kitty asked with fear making her voice tremble.
Suddenly the intercom sounded again.
“This is Kain! Bots were attacking the main forum site, a whole bunch of them!”
“Whats the situation?!” Soap replied.
“It is under control. It appears to have been mostly scouts trying to infiltrate the area. They caught our men off guard. However, I was able to throw them back.”
“How about the guards?” Soap asked.
“… all dead … they have given everything but they are all dead … Damn bots!” …
“Ok” Soap replied, “Im gonna send reinforcement. Could you hold the position until they arrive? Please?”
For a brief moment there was only the cracking of the intercom, then Kain said: “You do know that’s actually not my job here?” …
“I know … but what else could we do? We can’t possibly leave the Sign In Portal unguarded and I’ll have to reorganize our staff first. After all bots are trying to get into every single forum it seems.”
“All right already! But make it quick! I do help you smashing them when I meet them, but standing guard at the portal ain’t my favorite pastime. Don’t make me wait!”

Soap hung up with a sight. Turning around to the others “These incidents are increasing lately …”
“What should we do about it?” Kitty asked.
“Well” Soap replied “we better get ourselves together and have an emergency meeting later today. So far things seem to be under control again – hopefully … anyway, you should get out of here now. You shouldn't be in the Admin Section to begin with."
"Blu3 said it was ok to come over for a drink" Kitty replied.
"Blu3 again hmm?" Soap looked up to where Blu3 was sitting, being utterly interested in his fingertips all of the sudden, but showing off one of his smiles. Soap was not happy about this. Not about the Sign In Section being overrun by Spam Bots and surely not being indebted to Kain again. He already regretted having asked Kain to guard the section. He was sure there would be a time Kain would ask him to return the favour and Soap had the feeling that he would charge interest. Last but not least there was Kitty who had witnessed all of this. It was not that he disliked Kitty, but there was a reason why the Admin Section was only meant for admins. The section was meant for confidential discussions, without having to be concerned about others listening in. "Listen up Kitty, you better go now. Don't tell anyone about what happened. We can't have the whole forum turn nuts now."
"But what is happening?" Kitty asked.
"We are going to take care of things. Don't be concerned. Its not the first bot-attack we had and for sure it will not be the last, but we have fought them back in the past and Im not letting them take over the forum this time." With this Soap turned around and left.
The meeting took place later that day. The outcome, however, was anything but fruitful.
Reinforcement had taken over the Sign In section, defenses were re-established, but there were still bots running wild around the forums and who could possibly foresee the next attack?
After all the Sign In section had been penetrated before. It was only a matter of time. A discussion as to the how to fight the increasing number of bots had been put onto schedule. All admins and moderators had been present to discuss new approaches to fight the approaching spam bots.
It soon drifted to a heated debate on strategy, strongholds, log in security and the likes and naturally Kain brought forward a more direct approach. “No matter how many there are or will be, lets just smash them like we used to and throw their broken bodies down into the abyss from whence they came as a warning examples!”
With this the moderators had left for a campaign through the main forum sections, in order to clean them from bots. They knew well that this would by no means solve the problem, but all felt the urge to do something and not sit idly around, waiting for the bots to attack again. And yet, a solution had still to be found and Blu3 was as concerned as the others when he met with Lagonda the day after the first anti-bot campaign.

Being an intern, Lagonda did not attend administrative meetings on a regular basis. Unlike the others only one section, the Point Rank section, fell under his jurisdiction. But not being part of the forum's administrative board granted him far more freedom for action. He was therefore rather focusing on reconnaissance, intelligence and covered operations.
Lagonda had Blu3 describe the meeting and the following campaign in all detail.
After Blu3's description of the meeting and the following campaign, they discussed the current situation. When admins and mods were confronting the bots earlier on, Lagonda had done his share collecting information. Unlike before, when bots were mere annoyances to the forum, they had not only increased in numbers. Bots had come up with a more intelligent design. Only months back they had been easy to spot. Back then they might as well have worn a label on their forehead saying “BOT”. But lately there had been reports about single bots who had managed to get into the forum by disguising their nature. Even though they still followed a strict program, it took longer to spot them, especially when the forum was literally flooded by large numbers of bots. Those with an intelligent design managed to hide in the crowd whilst admins and moderators were occupied fighting the amassing mindless bots. The thought of sleepers, of bots who acted like forum members, until they had grown in numbers, eventually taking over the forum, could send shivers down one's spine and even though Blu3 used to laugh it off whenever one of the other admins were touching the topic he was well aware that it was no laughing matter. It was in fact quite serious.
It was hardly possible to fight them. They were close to impossible to identify and separate them from normal forum members. Since the other admins had their hands full fighting the ordinary bots already, Blu3 had decided to keep silent about the true extend of the issue and try to come up with a solution in secrecy. He did only confide in Lagonda, who in exchange provided him with information on his research. And like many a time before their talk had soon moved from the previous emergency meeting of mods and admins to those superbots and the options of identifying and fighting them. It was then when Lagonda pulled an envelope from his pocket which he handed over to Blu3. “I might have come across something” he said. Blu3 opened up the envelope and unfolded the two sheets it contained. “I have been searching the forums and I found this message that had been posted completely off-topic. It was written in Swedish and that was what caught my attention. What you've got there is a translation.”
„I believe my translation to be fairly accurate, but I could not make head or tail of it“ Lagonda said. „As an expert who has served the forum since long, I was hoping you could give me some context.“

Blu3 took a closer look. Lagonda had often before come up with the strangest but sometimes striking bits of information and like most of the time Blu3 was wondering how he had managed to lay his hands on these documents. They apparently pointed to a device or weapon of some sort. But why Swedish?. Why here? Forum policy was very strict when it came to non-English posts. They were only allowed in designated foreign-language sections. How could this one possibly have escaped the attention? But then again, there were not many around who could understand the language and the translation was still cryptic enough to have escaped the attention for quite some time. “Obviously to obscure the message” Blu3 thought.
He took another look at the text, leaned back in his chair and then looked up to Lagonda:
“I have never seen anything like this to be honest, but it does indeed appear to hint to some kind of tool or weapon.”
“So what do you make of it?” Lagonda asked, but Blu3 was too much absorbed with his own thoughts to give an immediate answer. Leaning upon his hand, with his untouched drink before him, Blu3 stared at the document, then he sat down for some little time twisting the paper between his fingers.
“There may be nothing to it” he said at last “but times are desperate and when we have an army of spam bots against us we should truly take any chance there is that might help us fighting them.”
“But what can we do?” Lagonda asked. “It doesn’t clearly state either what tool or weapon to expect nor where to find it.”
“First, do you mind if I keep that? I might have to look into things ...”
“Sure thing” Lagonda replied. “Just tell me what you find out about it.”
“I might have to call in somebody who has been around Daiphyer far longer than I. Bittersweet might be able to reveal the mystery around this.” Blu3 said.
"But how do you contact her?" Lagonda asked. "She hasn't been around for ages ..."
"Oh - " Blu3 replied with a secretive smile. "There might be ways ..."

Right the next day both of them met up again.
Blu3 had arranged for an appointment with Bittersweet, one of the old forum veterans. Now both made their way to the assigned meeting point. Lagonda had no idea how Blu3 had been able to contact Bittersweet at all, since it was very rare for her to show up at Daiphyer these days, but he had managed somehow. As Blu3 had said, the section in which they met up with her was a remote one and very well suited for a conspirative meeting of any kind. It was on the extreme fringe of the forum, and stood well back from the main sections.
“Do you reckon she knows much about this?” Lagonda asked.
“If there is anyone who would know its her. There is hardly a thread that she hasn’t been to and she was with the forum since back in the days.” Blu3 send Lagonda an assuring look. “Apart from that, there is no harm in seeing what we can get from her.”
“Well, you must know best about that.” Lagonda said.

The first thing Bittersweet did after they had taken off their coats was to prepare tea. While she was adding milk to her cup, Lagonda was looking for lemon to add to his tea. He would have preferred some coffee instead. He never was a tea-drinker but it was a sign of good manners to drink whatever was offered and not to ask for something different. It was, after all, something warm in this cold and rainy time of the year. When they had thoroughly warmed themselves, Bittersweet went to another room and returned with a stack of documents. She cleared a space on the low table between them, where she put down the papers.
“This was challenging”, she began. “It took a while to get those bits and pieces together”
“We are sorry it took so much of your time,” Blu3 replied.
“Nonsense. At least it took off my mind from my daily work and issues. I could tell you stories … I enjoyed the process and after all I am glad to be of assistance to the forum even though I do not have the time to dedicate myself to it the way I used to.”
-Blu3 waited a few moments before adjusting his gaze to meet hers and, in a tone somehow both impatient and indulgent, urged her to tell him what she had discovered. “I don’t know how much longer I can contain my curiosity,” he said to her with a smile.
-At last Bittersweet lifted her eyes off the pages she had been holding close to her face as she read and interjected.

“When I received your message I could not shake the feeling that I had somewhere read something about a tool against bots. Since long something like that had been on a development stage, and up til now I took it that it has never been finished. According to the document you uncovered, that tool has that had been brought over from another forum before.” Bittersweet said.

“It was a bit of work, but when I finally remembered that an acquaintance of mine mentioned something about a certain tool that had been developed in the later days of HSBsitez all those tiny bits of information finally fell into place. She is one of the most decent people I have ever met, very shy and, unlike most of the émigrés, does not like to talk about her past, but over time I have managed to get her to tell me about her time at HSBsitez and about the end of the site.
There is one strand in her stories that fits closely with what your document refers to, that it appeared to be quite natural to address this case.”

Bittersweet looked at Lagonda and asked: „Do not be offended but for the sake of clarity: is it safe to assume that you have no knowledge about the ancient history of the forum?“
„A safe assumption“ Lagonda replied. „After all my roots lie in HSBsitez and I only migrated when that place became inhabitable.“
„I should admit that much of what I am about to tell you is considered by many as more legend than history“ Bittersweet went on.
„I understand“ Lagonda replied. „Please go on!“
„What we have here appears to be a reference to an old decree from the very first years of Daiphyer forum. Given time I might be able to uncover the identity of the member who posted this, but since the post itself only refers to the decree and I do not have any knowledge about later posts by the same member it might as well have been an account that was created for the sole purpose of hiding the information about that tool, but I believe it to be genuine. It never was common practice to conceal something like that this way and hiding it in a non-english post is very unusual, but those were desperate times, spam bot armies were closing in but since the forum was still young, there were only a few admins to defend it. Back then it was for the greater part Dai alone who had to defend the forum. I do believe it was that experience that had actually convinced him to invite more admins and moderators to help defend the forum, but this is all speculation. This is only as much as we know. There are hardly any remaining sources about that early age, since the forum has been moved a number of times since then, so a lot of the story is muddled in myth by now. Your translation suggests, that some kind of early official back then or even Dai himself had issued a decree, ordering the evacuation of a most powerful tool that was meant to be used for fighting back the spam bot invasion.“ Bittersweet looked down at the document once more apparently lost in thoughts.
„This might as well end up as either a lesson in history or Daiphyer mythology“ Lagonda thought, uncomfortably putting his weight from one foot to another. „What can you tell me about that tool? Do you have any data on something like that being used in an early encounter with the spam bots?“
„No“ Bittersweet replied, „as I said, we don’t have enough information to begin with, but as I said those were desperate times, not because the spam bots were that powerful back then, but Daiphyers defence was considerably weak, so who knows? They might just as well have come up with something like this.“
„But if times are desperate and the enemy overwhelmingly strong don’t myths like that always pop up?” Lagonda interjected. “A myth of an all powerful weapon that might save the day, or of a long dead hero, that sleeps somewhere but will eventually wake up again to safe his people quite common? I remember a lot of examples like that. Think of King Arthur who is apparently sleeping on Avalon or Holger Danske, a resting under the castle of Elsinore. I am not surprised to find legends of legendary saviors or almighty tools that might save the day online also.“
“That might be true” Bittersweet replied with a smile, “but with my sources I can actually confirm the essence of the document you brought to me. HSBsitez developed a tool whose purpose most likely was to be used against the spam bots. That tool has somehow been brought over to Daiphyer and is now hidden somewhere in the depths of Daiphyer Forum.”
-“What kind of tool?” asked Lagonda.
-“It doesn’t say, but all files agree on one thing: that it has something to do with fighting spam bots.”
Blu3 himself had heard of such a tool, but had until then taken it as a mere legend that had been passed down from one moderator to another. Bittersweet now confirmed all those rumors. There was more about it and Bittersweet went on explaining the connections between HSBsitez and Daiphyer forum, but Lagonda did not follow. He turned his eyes off Bittersweet to stare at length out the window.

Lagonda had witnessed how his old home, HSBsitez, had been going down. Back then he was forced to helplessly watch as the forum had been infiltrated and finally been taken over by the spam bots. There were no admins or moderators around and resistance was futile. Back then he had seen no other choice but to migrate to another forum, to start all over again, but witnessing the downfall his old home left a scar that would not easily heal. Back then the spam bots were victorious, and when the river of data came to a halt when Megaupload had dried out, HSBsitez had become a deserted place that by now was nothing more than a memory. Lagonda knew quite well how a spam bot invasion could bring down the most vibrant forum and he was not willing to allow something like this to happen ever again.
Bittersweet and Blu3 were still going on about Daiphyer myths and history. Lagonda had no idea how long he had been sitting there, but judging by his exhaustion, he assumed it must be almost morning. Yet the sky was not much lighter than when they had come in after their walk through these parts of the forum.
By the time Blu3 and Lagonda finally left it had turned much colder. They were randomly walking down the passageways of the forum, each of them caught up in deep thoughts. They extended their walk when Blu3 abruptly veered from what they had been talking about a moment earlier and said, “Well, now, Lagonda, let us judge the situation by this new information. We may take it that the tool the files are referring to origianlly came out of HSBsitez. According to the dates of the files it appears to have been brought over at a time when HSBsitez had just survived the latest all out attack by the spam bot army and was about to go down with Megaupload. If I was to draw a conclusion, it would appear that the tool has been forged to defend HSBsitez against a new attack by the spam bot army but had been brought to safety when the site was going down. I don’t think they ever had the chance to use it against the bots.”
“But if that is so”, Lagonda interposed, “why did they bring it to Daiphyer?”
“HSBsitez as well as Daiphyer Forum have been created by Dai. It would make sense to use resources of one forum that is confederate to Daiphyer here. From what we know it might as well have been Dai himself who created it or brought it over.”
“However, the question still remains, why was it hidden? Why hasn’t it been used to fight the spam bots here?” Lagonda could not help but wonder about these questions.
“We might never be able to answer those questions,” Blu3 replied, “but I don’t think it really matters.” “Whether it has really been created by Dai or not we do not know. Whether its not been made use of because up til now we did pretty well in fighting the bots, we do not know either. After all there were more admins and mods and even interns like you to fight bots than there ever were at HSBsitez. That tool might have been something like the last resort. After all: we do not know. However, the important thing is, it appears to be a mighty tool to fight spam bots. That’s all there is to it!”
“That means we have to retrieve it and if it is only to keep it safe from greedy hands. After all there are many enemies and they might be swarming all over the forum once the Sign In section has been infiltrated.” Blu3 concluded.

“Anyway, we better keep this among ourselves. As Bittersweet said: there are many enemies and we do not know ow far the forums integrity has been violated.”
“So how do we proceed from here?” Lagonda asked.
“I will have to get to that meeting with Soap and the others.
“I thought you just met?” Lagonda asked.
“Right, but there were some new bot-sightings and Soap asked for another meeting. There are still a lot of things we have to talk about and since its going to be related to web-security and the likes they will surely ask for my opinion about things, so it’s a meeting I can’t possibly miss. They might also be in for a little campaign against the spam bots in the central sections of the forum. That means if Im not there questions will be asked and until we know the tool is in safe hands we can’t let anyone know about this.”
“That means: you will have to go on your own.”
“That’s just great!” Lagonda replied. “Crawling through some dark dungeons in the creepy sections of Daiphyer forum all by myself.”
“Well, there is no helping it” Blu3 said. “Somebody has to do it and it has to be one of us and we can’t let anyone else know.”
“If only Bittersweet could come with me. It would make me feel far more comfortable and she knows those old threads better than me. I actually know nothing about them, I’ve never even been there.”
“She has disassociated herself from the forum and doesn’t even have moderator status anymore.” Blu3 replied. “What if that tool has been brought over by one of the HSBsitez moderators? What if she was acting against the will of Dai? I think, given the circumstances, she helped us as much as she could.”

All that had happened a couple of days ago and while Blu3 was caught up in constant emergency meetings and anti-bot campaigns, Lagonda had prepared for his quest for a tool that as far as he was concerned might be everything or nothing. Right now blue3 and the others were fighting spam bots somewhere whilst he was sitting in the middle of nowhere, questioning himself about the meaning of all this.
With a sight, Lagonda climbed out of the car, opened the tailgate and gathered his gear. He took, one of Soap’s helmets with him that he had borrowed. He had told Soap that he would use it for hiking in order to explore the forum sections he was not yet familiar with. Soap and Angel have ever since been looking for assistance and support to keep the forums clean. When being asked, Soap was only too ready to equip Lagonda with some of his security equipment including one of his helmets that he pulled out of a wardrobe that was filled by what might have been a dozen of likewise helmets, but knowing Soap, Lagonda had the feeling that there were even more were they were coming from. Lagonda and Blu3 had agreed on keeping the quest a secret from the others, not only to prevent intel from being leaked to the enemy, but also to keep them from getting their hopes high since none of them actually knew what to expect. From what they knew they might not be far better off with that tool that without it. Compared to modern anti-bot-system the most advanced weapon from the early days of Daiphyer might not be that impressive after all, it was, however, worth a try.

Led by the glow of the rising sun, Lagonda walked down the forum section. According to the map Bittersweet had equipped him with, the trail he was looking for would be at the far end of the forum site. The first ten threads were an easy hike, the section was either well taken care of by former admins or had been of no interest to the spam-bots so far, he could even hear the soft and soothing gurgling of a little river of data passing by, whose flow had not completely been dried out even after missing out on data-flow coming from Megaupload. Only some deserted and outdated links were disturbing the mostly peaceful impression.
Lagonda soon reached a fork, the trail to the left heading to some mostly harmless doujinshi collections of old members who had long since passed on, to the right, a path leading to the darker regions of movie downloads and other long forgotten ecchi threads. After pausing for a few moments and double-checking his map, he followed the path to the right. It should not have come as a surprise, that the artifact that was meant to pose the solution to the most severe threat of bots in ages was hidden in the oldest and darkest sections, truly in the heart of darkness of Daiphyer forum. Following a slope with rough steps that had been cut into it, Lagonda reached a rickety suspension bridge that looked anything but assuring. Blu3 had told him about the bridge. Even though he had never gone that far himself, based on his maps he had assured him, that it would probably hold him. „Probably“, a word that was easily used by someone who only knew this region by maps, scrolls and old reports, by somebody who had read about its age and origins but had never seen it with his very own eyes. „Probably“ was a word Lagonda had come to equate with „hazardous“. But there was no helping it and since by now his friends were probably already facing large numbers of bots it was on him to excavate the relics that had long since been forgotten to assist them. There was no turning back, nor was there the time to call for help. Lagonda carefully took a step forward, slowly shifting his weight onto the first plank. Apart from a slight creaking, it seemed to held firm. He carefully took one cautious step after another, slowly covering the forty feet to reach the other side of the canyon. There the trail continued, spiraling first down the slope and up again, leading to another suspension bridge that seemed to be even older than the first one.
„Just how old IS this section?“ Lagonda asked himself. He had no idea when Daiphyer forum was created but considering the age of those outdated posts he had already passed, it appeared to be very old. Could it possibly have been part of an even older hentai site? It felt like excavating an old brothel from the sixteenhundreds, just to stumble across some lewd Roman mosaics. „No wonder nobody really knew all the ends of it and since Dai himself is hardly around there is nobody to ask.“

Lagonda had to stop himself from musing about the history and fate of the forum. He had a job to do. The fate of the forum might depend of it. So he kept going, and, after having spent roughly 30 more minutes passing trails and bridges, he finally, after the fifth section of trail, reached the entrance of the cave he was looking for.
He checked his map once again.
„This sure has to be the place“ Lagonda thought to himself, getting the distinct feeling to be looking down the rabbit hole. He dropped his pack into the hole, put on the helmet and wrapping his arms around a tree trunk, slowly lowered himself, legs dangling and feet probing, until he finally reached a cliff and dropped. Standing on the cliff he adjusted his headlamp and looked around. A red-on-white sign was affixed to a rock: DANGER – +18 – DO NOT ENTER ! The thread seemed to have been scaled off to keep curiosity seekers from getting lost or minors from getting tainted by x-rated material. But after slowly crawling through the gap in the fence, Lagonda’s arm slipped into a fissure in the floor that was filled with lolicon material that was clearly forbidden even in the adult sections of the forum. He really had to send in the troops to clear up this place after he had fulfilled his mission. Things like these were not to be tolerated in the forum.
Standing up he shone his flashlight around in the tunnel. It was wide enough for him to almost spread his arms to their full breadth, but he could not stand completely upright. The walls were filled with outdated hentai material, from time to time giving way to link errors but sometimes also forbidden material. This place had clearly not been visited by either members, admins or bots for a long time.
Lagonda turned his head, sniffing. “Reeks funny … who knows what else awaits me down there?” he thought.
With luck moisture was out of the equation or almost. Spelunking in a dry cave was dicey enough; water made it hazardous, with floors, ceilings, and walls that could collapse at the slightest disturbance.
Lagonda slowly moved forward. The tunnel veered sharply left, then right, then suddenly he found himself standing before his first obstacle. This one was manmade, a set of vertical iron bars running from wall to wall, drilled into the floor and ceiling.
“They’re not kidding around”, Lagonda grumbled, kneeling down before the bars, giving each of them a shake. On the fourth try, the metal let out a grating sound. Lagonda began to work the bar back and forth, stone chips and dust raining down from the ceiling, until slowly it began to loosen in its socket. There was a certain beauty in oxidation, especially when it gave way so easily and helped to overcome obstacles like these. But this one had already been messed with, because when the bar finally gave in Lagonda grabbed it and dragged it back through the gap just to find cuts at both ends of it. There were clear cuts visible at both ends. Somebody had obviously been here before, somebody who didn’t want anyone to know about it. Lagonda pushed his gear through the gap and then squeezed himself through it and continued on. The tunnel began zigzagging and narrowing, and soon the ceiling was getting down to four feet, his elbows bumping along the walls. The floor began sloping downward and finally the floor was steeping until he was sidestepping his way down by a thirty degree grade, using rocks as hand- and footholds. He descended another twenty feet and the tunnel finally flattened out into a short corridor.
In the beam of the headlight an metallic object bulged from the rock, about the size of a half-dollar. Further up was another one, followed by some more, lining up to the wall. The bulges turned out to be hooks. Somebody had been climbing here. “Just how promising is that?” Lagonda thought. He brought forth a rope, tied it around his midst and secured it with a carabiner. He panned the beam of his headlamp up the wall and climbed up.
After ten minutes he reached the top. From there on the beam illuminated a passageway, only crawl space, not much wider than his shoulders. Lagonda adjusted his position, perching both his feet on the uppermost spike and bracing his arms against the rock ledge. He took a breath, coiled his legs, and pushed off while levering with his arms, launching his torso onto the ledge. He inchwormed forward, until his legs were no longer dangling in the air. Straight ahead, his headlamp penetrated only about eight feet. Beyond that lay sheer blackness. “This sure looks promising” Lagonda thought. “This better be worth it. Damn you Blu3 for making me do this!” He spoke that out loud as to comfort him. The air was perfectly still, not a good sign when crawling in a cave. Getting in was usually the easy part, getting out often harder, if not impossible. No moving air usually meant no secondary exit. “Just what have I gotten myself into?” Lagonda started crawling forward, his gar clanking and rasping over the rock floor. There were countless tons of rock hanging over his body at this very moment and with hardly any space to move the thought of them collapsing on top of him was not a comforting one. He forced the thought from his mind, concentrating on his every movement. He must have crawled about 20 feet already when the tunnel curved to the left, then right again and then angling upwards. After roughly 15 more feet he crossed over a hump in the floor and found himself in a wider, flat area, his headlamp sweeping over an opening almost twice as wide as the crawl space.
After two more minutes the crawl space opened into a kidney-shaped alcove, roughly fifteen feet wide and six feet tall. He stood up and stoop-walked to the end of the alcove. “Cozy place”, Lagonda thought. “Smells like crime scene.” And as one would expect from old adventure stories there indeed was a cross that marked the treasure. “You must be kidding!” Lagonda could not help but speak out loud. “That’s so cliché!” There were two arms that had been ripped off a spam bot, laid out like a cross, beneath it a whole in the floor that was filled with rubble. “No wonder it smells around here …” Lagonda took out a folding shovel and began to dig. “At least it is only loose filling” he thought. After what must have been about 15 minutes of digging, he seemed to hit wood. Lagonda put the shovel aside and knelt down. He brushed away the remaining rubble with his hands and there appeared a wooden box. It made a perfect cube, made of a dark, heavily lacquered hardwood, with leather carrying straps, the letters “HSB” engraved on top of it. “This must be it!” Lagonda sighted. He stored away his tools and picked up the box. Time to return.

He went back the way he had come, climbing down the wall, following back each passageway until he reached the hentai tunnel that had been blocked before he had gotten here. When he made his way through the tunnel, dirty pics and link errors jotting at the ceiling above his head, he sensed a movement at the end of the tunnel and immediately stood still. A shadowed figure appeared at the exit. Lagonda knew that movement just too well: a bot! “How the hell did they get here?” he thought. “But it could not be a guard could it? They are far too stupid for that!”
He waited for the roving bot to again disappear from view, then slipped from the tunnel and ran the woods nearby. Thirty seconds later he was lying on his belly, hidden well beneath a bush. He now had a mostly unobstructed view of the entire clearing.
On either side of it were bots. Lagonda could hear the murmur of voices coming from one side “FREE ACCESS! FREE ACCESS!” Directly ahead of him was a larger group of spam bots. “Why are there so many bots around?” Lagonda could neither make head or tail of it. He cursed himself for leaving all his gear back in the car. He had not even taken a simple club with him, so killing off those bots was out of the question. There were just far too many. There was no helping it. He had to flee the scene. He knew he had to take it slow now. The slightest sound could easily alarm those bots. Crawling through the thicket towards the entrance of the next section was the way to go. Using the bushes and shadows near the forest as a cover, Lagonda slowly moved towards the exit. “What if there were even more bots in the next section? After all they had already penetrated this area. And how they had penetrated it.” He could not remember to ever have seen such a large assembly of spam bots. “There must have been a whistleblower somewhere. But who?” Lagonda carried on, keeping himself hidden in the shadows and hoping that the others were all right.

When he finally reached the exit he jumped to his feet, grabbed the wooden chest and ran out of the thread. From the corner of his eye he saw the first bots turning around, chasing after him, shouting “FREE PORN ONLINE!” … and “SPECIAL OFFER! SPECIAL OFFER! “.
He had to get out of this hellhole. Lagonda ran and jumped through the exit. When he left the entering zone of the next thread all he could see was the back of yet another spam bot. Without even giving it a second thought, Lagonda hit him well with the wooden box he was carrying, then quickly grabbed his collar, heaved forward and smashed the bot's head face down onto the ground. He knelt down, grabbed the bot's head, twisted it around and broke It’s neck. “Just gotta make sure!” Lagonda murmured. Then, wide-eyed, he scanned the entry zone. There were no more bots around and those he had left behind could not leave that thread. Bots still were limited in their movement. Only users were able to jump threads at will, even more when they were interns or mods, not to mention admins.
Alternative version http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL783/1 ... 312633.jpg

Next day Lagonda went straight to Blu3’s place to present his find.
“How was it?” Blu3 asked.
“A lot of crawling through dark tunnels, dirt and spiderwebs … the usual.” Lagonda replied.
“Did you find anything?”
“You could say so.” Lagonda heaved the wooden box onto the table, burying some papers and documents.
“You know, I was just writing a report about the bots?!” Blu3 said, pointing at the files on the table.
“Yeah, Im sure its terribly important, but so is this.” Lagonda had to let off some steam. “Listen, I spent the whole day finding this thing, it took me two hours to get that rotten smell of hentai cave off of me, not to mention my boots covered in lube and who-knows what. I actually got no idea where I got that lube is coming from, but know this: I’ve probably been to the filthiest place of the whole forum and what to find?” He opened up the box, tipped it over and let the content roll onto the table. “A damn jig-saw puzzle!”
Blu3 stepped closer to the table and picked up single parts that had come out of the box. “Well,… “ he said with a smile. “At least we know now why HSB did not use it to fight the bots. They had the parts but had not put them together.”
“So you mean that stuff is actually of some use?” Lagonda could hardly believe it.
“Yes, well … we shall see about that. But I am sure I can come up with something. Just give me some time and if luck is on our side I can finish where they had left off.”

Two days later Lagonda received a package. He ripped off the wrapping, opened up the carton and found a gun, labeled “Slutinator” together with a greeting-card from Blu3.
“That thing didn’t look anything like a gun when it was back in the box.” Lagonda thought, when the alarm went off. “SPAM BOTS IN THE ENTRY ZONE! SPAM BOTS IN THE ENTRY ZONE! ALL FORCES ASSEMBLE! ALL FORCES ASSEMBLE!” … There was no time to think about it. Lagonda grabbed the thing and ran to the Sign In section. This weapon had to proof its usefulness on the battlefield.

High Quality Version
Download Link http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bkn3skqp1ymc2j7

One Night at the Bar
Download the nice and http://www.mediafire.com/view/?dtufksn70zzqac6" shiny PDF version

Image Image

Last edited by Lagonda0815 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:25 am, edited 9 times in total.
Lagonda0815
Associate

Title: Maitre

Postby soap » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 pm

You called me Sonic :? Glad you posted your work Laggy, I was about to ask you if you wanted me to post it for you.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby Lagonda0815 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:20 pm

THAT can't be!!! Oh HELL no! ... (I changed it ... sorry, VERY SORRY for that!) ...
Lagonda0815
Associate

Title: Maitre

Postby soap » Thu May 16, 2013 8:05 am

Volume 3 has been started, posted it on the first post of page 3, http://www.wolflore.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1360&p=17128#p17128

I really don't have much time for my comic now, so this volume might take forever.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

Postby soap » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Well funny thing, the forum I was writing about closed down during the production of Volume 3. None the less I finished my story and posted it in the Forum's Steam Group.

I figured I'd post it here for those who would like to read more. Here are 3 links with Everything, Volume, 1,2,3 & their extras.

Enjoy.

V3 http://www.mediafire.com/?4t3z77rwf6zj66f
V2+extras http://www.mediafire.com/download/f2dbpwl9dhr2qyt/DaiphyerComicV2_Full.zip
V1+extras http://www.mediafire.com/download/3px292y4q1bpm18/TalesDaiphyer_Forum_V1_n_Extras.zip

Volume 3 doesn't have extras... I might finish them and release them, but honestly... it's closed so... yeah.
Anyhow it was lots of fun.

Now I'm working on a Duke Nukem comic, in planing process, I hope I manage to get it started and well underway.
<3 GoG.com
soap
Banner God
Banner God

PreviousNext

Return to Story tellers