[REL] Pied Piper Mod

A place to download and discuss Kagz's mods. No adult content please.

Moderator: Kagz

Re: [REL] Pied Piper Mod

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 am

Well, hopefully you don't quit out on us - you were a big help to me while I was trying to sort out my creature sounds for Keening. Looks like you got some positive feedback on nexus - Klawed Flaw seems like a cool cat. I haven't tried this out yet, but I'll let you know how it goes when I can load it up - probably next week.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Postby Kagz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 am

Dana Nova Darko wrote:Well, hopefully you don't quit out on us - you were a big help to me while I was trying to sort out my creature sounds for Keening. Looks like you got some positive feedback on nexus - Klawed Flaw seems like a cool cat. I haven't tried this out yet, but I'll let you know how it goes when I can load it up - probably next week.

Thanks lol, at least now we know we will get some feedback for sure. :shades:

If you knew my past in the modding scene,
then you probably wouldnt be surprised, at me saying what i did lol.
I didnt have the best of times for a long time, due to mainly the lore masters
and so called experts, who said stuff like:

" nothing you make fits in with lore "
" your stuff is all for fun and not serious enough "
" your stuff is too bright and colourful"
" you cant put horses in the game, as they were never meant to be in it"
same thing with 90 % of the creature mods i made lol.

This one really made me angry:
" stop making all the peaceful critters and make them fight instead."
just so they could go around killing horses and ducks and lambs and foxes etc, etc etc,
and then feel good about it, because the creature fought back ffs lol.

The nastiest one said that he didnt want the horses, he only wanted the donkeys
and because i put the horses in the game, he was going to make a mod and release it,
that contained an abbatoir, so people could slaughter the horses. :meshoot:
FFS LOL what kind of asshole says things like that.
That dude got me my final warning at TES forums,
when i retaliated against his blurb.

So theres a little of my past history, maybe you can understand a little more,
when i say that i am pissed off with the scene once again. :biggrin:
I am just waiting for one of them to start on me,
about one of the mods i have released this time around.
I think it will probably be the Piper Mod that they will pick on. :unsure:

:drunk:
Kagz
Protector

Postby Jac » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 pm

I have one thing to say to so called lore masters: :censored:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Kagz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Jac wrote:I have one thing to say to so called lore masters: :censored:

Yes, exactly lol. :biggrin:

I mean ffs, it has and always will be the case of,
if you dont like the idea or the mod itself,
then you DONT download it and install it ffs.

So what if things are against so called lore.
Some folks like it that way.
Should i make mods only to please the lore masters etc.
No fu.... way ffs.
I make what i want and if someone likes it, then cool.
If no-one does then too fu... bad lol. :biggrin:

:drunk:
Kagz
Protector

Postby neildarkstar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:17 pm

Yeh, the "Lore Masters" are idiots... the game world is a fantasy, and the nice thing about fantasy is that it is what you want it to be. If they think the game world is something other than fantasy, I reccomend a 90 day commitment in a psych ward. Besides, :censored: if they can't take a joke!

If they pick on it at TESNexus, i won't hesitate to respond. As a former psychiatric aide, I can certainly offer advice for counseling and therapy.
:D
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Gearmaster » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Lore nuts know/understand a lot about the Elder Scrolls mythos that I don't. They know that ES has spaceships, they know what the hell an Enantiomorph is, they know about CHIM, they can discern any number of whacked out things from reading the 36 Lessons of Vivec, as well as the "Loveletter from the Fifth Era". They know what they study.

Here's what they don't know or understand anything about: Modding. They may have a grasp of the inner workings of the Construction Set/Creation Kit, they may be good texturers and whatnot, but they don't jack about modding. They don't understand what it's like to not live by rules, because their preoccupation is in studying the rules of ES, not the intricacies of making good, creative, inspired mods.

They can't fathom the idea of doing anything in a mod simply because it is/would be cool. It goes completely against their wiring. And the most amazing thing is that is that these are the people who talk about some of the most whacked things the ES lore has to offer, and yet a horse in Morrowind is a no-no? By my estimation, time has literally been broken on at least three occasions in Tamriel. Vivec held the ability to stop time around a single object, as well as flood ALL OF MORROWIND, and then drain it as if it never flooded. Almalexia knocked a Daedric Prince back into Oblivion all by herself. The next time old Big Red showed up it took an avatar of Akatosh to dispel him. Recently, we learned that in the 2nd Era, Molag Bal tried to literally pull Tamriel into Coldharbour using huge hooks.

And all of this stuff is recorded/explained by a collection of scrolls which have no explained origin, and ended up in the hands of the Tamrielic Empire in some mysterious fashion at some unknown point in time.

Let's face it: Elder Scrolls has no real rules to stick to. It embodies ridiculousness to a degree matched only by comic books and Yngwie Malmsteen. You'd have to have another universe merging with that of ES in order to really be doing something off the wall. And even then, if Tamriel can actually be transported into Oblivion, if Molag Bal isn't just trolling everybody, merging universes isn't that big a leap from there.

And that's without taking into account the most important aspect of modding: When we buy a copy of Morrowind, we're not just getting a copy of a video game, we're taking possession of our own copy of the ES world. We all own Morrowind the game, and we all own Morrowind the province. We all have our own ideas of how things could be better/more interesting/more challenging/etc. We all have our own interpretation of the world and its lore. Our job isn't to hold true to anyone else's vision, but to our own. Real modders celebrate and enjoy the differences in each others' ideas. Dana Darko does things in Keening that I wouldn't, but that doesn't mean I can't like that mod. Her lore and mine may be like night and day, but that doesn't mean one is better than the other.

The lore nuts don't understand this. They try to hold everyone to a set of rules, so they can punish whoever breaks them and reward whoever bows before the mighty 36 Commandments. It makes them feel powerful to have so much influence, to spread so much fear in the community. Obey them or don't get attention, that's their motto, much as they may never admit it. They can't stand people like me because we're not afraid of them. You should see what I'm cooking up with Excellerund's Path (my latest big project). No fear of rules can be seen in the words I type up as I compose my plans. I'll do whatever I want, and the lore nuts will just have to accept it. I dare them to live as freely as I do. I dare them to step outside their little bubble and face the real world. A world that doesn't revolve around them. A world that doesn't fear them. A world that belongs to everyone.
If you come any closer, I will rip you to shreds.
Gearmaster
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Location: A cave near some murals showing how I'm going to eat people.
Title: Eater of Children

Postby Kagz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Edited out some previous posts, as they were off topic too much. :biggrin:

Ok, everything is working as it should, so its just a matter of me
getting everything i used to have installed, installed again.

Am having problems finding a working link for Mental Elfs TES Files.
I got it last time at Elrics, but thats down now ffs.
So if anyone knows where to get or has a copy,
i would be grateful.

Need to make couple of personal mods now, with the barrels hehe
Once i get that done then i should just about be back to where i was,
i hope ffs, maybe then i can consider making a mod for others. :whistling: :biggrin:

:meshoot:
Kagz
Protector

Postby Kiteflyer61 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:30 pm

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kiteflyer61
Protector

Title: Hired Gun

Postby Kagz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Kiteflyer61 wrote:Straight from the source....

http://straygenius.com/index.php?title=TESFiles

KF

Excellent, thankyou very much lol. :shades:
I didnt know that page existed, i only know him as Mental Elf. :biggrin:
Have bookmarked it now just in case.

:shades:
Kagz
Protector

Postby Kiteflyer61 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Any time, Kagz. :D

I found it the last time Elric's went down for a while. Lot's of good stuff there. :D

If you need anything else, just holler. :D

KF
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kiteflyer61
Protector

Title: Hired Gun

PreviousNext

Return to Kagz's Mods