About The Caravan Mod

A place to download and discuss Kagz's mods. No adult content please.

Moderator: Kagz

Re: About The Caravan Mod

Postby fable2 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:21 am

Kagz wrote:Ok, i have decided to take the mod down.
This is due to an e mail, saying that the van is crooked..

If you give some people a free bag of gold, they will complain that one of the coins inside is tarnished. Their sense of entitlement is overwhelming. :sad:
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby neildarkstar » Thu May 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Mr.Shadow1234 wrote:A traveling Gypsy caravan?! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! NOW

Actually, my mod using that mesh is available here at Wolflore.
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1459

Honestly, I'm no longer certain whether the mod here has the ridable horse or the guar pulling the wagon, there were issues over the script. Mad Max seems to have left us (Morrowind fans) in a limbo regarding the use of his horse riding script and it seems no other exists. I can't easily check because I have no current Morrowind install.

:biggrin:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:05 pm

I've got morrowind (after an eternal purge, my pc is now only able to run Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, New Vegas and The Modern warfare trilogy) so if you get me the script, I can check, but you'll have to tell me how.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Postby neildarkstar » Fri May 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Mr.Shadow1234 wrote:I've got morrowind (after an eternal purge, my pc is now only able to run Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, New Vegas and The Modern warfare trilogy) so if you get me the script, I can check, but you'll have to tell me how.

In my personal game, I know I had the horse pulling it, but I don't know if I ever put the horse in the mod I eventually released. The easiest way is to download the mod and see if a horse or a guar pulls the wagon.

By way of background, a guy called Mad Max wrote a horse riding script for a mod called "Pegasus Horse Ranch". The problem is that Max decided he wanted to maintain control of his script, so he made his copyright very restrictive. Since then, there have been very few Morrowind riding mods for horses or dragons, and those that exist generally had his permission to use the script. Unfortunately Max disappeared from the modding scene years ago, and no longer replies to PMs or emails. That makes it impossible to get his permission, so the alternative most often used these days is to use the script and take the mod down if he complains (which he hasn't as far as I know).

Some Russians were touting that script as their original work a while back, and uploaded it to File Planet but they didn't even bother to change his comments in it. As far as I know there was never an alternative script created, though I gave it a try once or twice. The problem is that any such script must have certain elements to it, and then it just looks like a reworked copy of max's script when you're done.

Most of us don't like to use resources without permission in any case, and besides, it's a pain to go to the work of creating a mod and then having to pull it because you stepped on somebodies toes. Thank goodness most of the truly talented modders give permissions to use their resources as long as proper credit is given, otherwise there would be few really good mods out there..
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:42 am

neildarkstar wrote:
Mr.Shadow1234 wrote:I've got morrowind (after an eternal purge, my pc is now only able to run Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3, New Vegas and The Modern warfare trilogy) so if you get me the script, I can check, but you'll have to tell me how.

In my personal game, I know I had the horse pulling it, but I don't know if I ever put the horse in the mod I eventually released. The easiest way is to download the mod and see if a horse or a guar pulls the wagon.

By way of background, a guy called Mad Max wrote a horse riding script for a mod called "Pegasus Horse Ranch". The problem is that Max decided he wanted to maintain control of his script, so he made his copyright very restrictive. Since then, there have been very few Morrowind riding mods for horses or dragons, and those that exist generally had his permission to use the script. Unfortunately Max disappeared from the modding scene years ago, and no longer replies to PMs or emails. That makes it impossible to get his permission, so the alternative most often used these days is to use the script and take the mod down if he complains (which he hasn't as far as I know).

Some Russians were touting that script as their original work a while back, and uploaded it to File Planet but they didn't even bother to change his comments in it. As far as I know there was never an alternative script created, though I gave it a try once or twice. The problem is that any such script must have certain elements to it, and then it just looks like a reworked copy of max's script when you're done.

Most of us don't like to use resources without permission in any case, and besides, it's a pain to go to the work of creating a mod and then having to pull it because you stepped on somebodies toes. Thank goodness most of the truly talented modders give permissions to use their resources as long as proper credit is given, otherwise there would be few really good mods out there..

I know who Mad Max is, and I also know that he has disappeared. I have played Pegasus ranch and Ultimate galleon mods. The best bet is to give him credit and use his work, and mention that you did, and also include that if Mad Max is reading, he send you a PM and discuss permission before he pulls it down, that way it might be so that if he notices, he has a discussion with you (or me if you let me help you out) and make a disclaimer about it and put only on GHF and Wolflore

Peace,
Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Postby fleet » Sat May 24, 2014 12:38 pm

I deleted the post I just made.
Sorry about any confusion I caused.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:24 am

fleet wrote:I deleted the post I just made.
Sorry about any confusion I caused.

Very respectfully,
fleet

What post, man?

Peace,
S.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Postby Jac » Sun May 25, 2014 11:43 am

There was some confusion about our policies regarding plagiarism, but the matter has been cleared up and our policies were updated to hopefully prevent any more in the future. Basically, as long as you state that MM is gone and that you're using his scripts, we'll have no problem hosting anything you upload here.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Jac wrote:There was some confusion about our policies regarding plagiarism, but the matter has been cleared up and our policies were updated to hopefully prevent any more in the future. Basically, as long as you state that MM is gone and that you're using his scripts, we'll have no problem hosting anything you upload here.

Thanks for changing your rules due to a post I made, I am actually flattered :goodjob: then neil, I guess you can get on going with the mod.

Peace,
Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Previous

Return to Kagz's Mods