[REL] Jasmine, a Morrowind companion

A place to download and discuss my mods. No adult content please.

Re: [REL] Jasmine, a Morrowind companion

Postby Corrgar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:07 pm

In "Balmora" which NPCs must I talk to to get the quests pertaining to "Jasmine" companion and where in Balmora is the NPC "Caius Cosades"???, please help.
Corrgar
Associate

Postby fable2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Try this for how to get to Caius. It's a good resource that should answer most of your questions about the game, as well.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Elaura » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:44 pm

This is one reason why one should play a game before attempting to insert quest mods.

Though each PC game is different, it is a good rule of thumb to pay close attention to dialog, tutorials, and journal entries in a ROLE PLAYING GAME. Once you understand the game, then you can have a lot of fun with mods, but until you have figured out the basics of game play, mods will only confuse you. Unlike SHOOTERS, you cannot simply pick up an RPG, install it, and bulldoze your way through the plot. Even if you could, why play an RPG in the first place if that's all you want?

RPGs require reading. They require you to read the instructions, read the readmes, and maybe even do a little research on your own. If you want to know everything about how to play a game or a mod, google the game name and the word "walkthrough". You may find that people who actually enjoy a playing a game and have enjoyed it for ten years, aren't really enthusiastic about telling someone how to play it step-by-step. You will either love asking townspeople for information and learning about the game on your own, or you probably won't even enjoy the game at all.

I'm not trying to discourage you from asking questions or playing Morrowind and its wonderful mods. I'm just trying to encourage you to actually sit down and play. As I said, ask the townsfolk questions, pay attention to their dialog, and read your journal entries. Then if you get stuck, come on back and ask your questions. If you must use mods the first playthrough, make sure you read the readmes.

Have fun!
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby candesco » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:28 am

Does someone know at which point Deandre would start the quest about Lorit? Can't remember it exactly anymore. Already have all the 4 tall papa books and talking about it keeps him saying that i have all four and he doesn't know of any more.
Is it perhaps based on reputation? I thought it would start immediately after you get the last book and talk to deandre again. And at which point does Jasmine talk with you about your growing reputation? I thought it was 10, but probably not as i have now a rep of 10 and she doesn't say anything about it.
I ask this because i'm not sure when some actions are triggered and i suspect some scripts may be broken during certain actions i have done or due other mods. Already saw that baladas now wears a frosteater robe instead of his standard red expensive one. I have added Morgana lately and also westly's fine clothiers of tamriel and moved the house of morgana in ald'ruhn to work properly with abu manor. Don't know if that action caused problems. Maybe i'm impatient and that it happens later.
candesco
Associate

Postby Jac » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:42 am

Deandre will only mention Lorit if you've been successful in convincing Surane to allow him to court her. It's like a bonus quest if you achieved that, an extra reward like the increased gold Deandre will give you for recovering the other books.

If you're not in a relationship with her, Jasmine will mention your growing reputation when it's 15 or higher. I thought about lowering it because it can be difficult to get a higher global reputation than that.

None of the quests depend on NPCs added or changed by other mods so moving them around shouldn't cause any issues with this one. I've never played Morgana so I don't know if moving her house would cause an issue, but it shouldn't as long as she's not scripted to teleport to its exterior. If she is, she'll be moved to the wrong cell. But that's an easy fix: just change the coordinates she teleports to to reflect the house move.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby DARoot » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:24 am

Hi, Guys!

Jac is the expert regarding Jasmine and her story, so I'll just throw in that --
-- in my game, I moved Morgana's house, and everything in it, to a completely different location (Betony, a new landmass attached to Gianluka's "GS Tamriel - Tribute to the Community") and have experienced no problems whatsoever.

DARoot
DARoot

Postby candesco » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Ah, 15. Ok. No, just let it that way. Reaching 15 is not that hard. If you join the Morag Tong and advance in ranks you get 1 rep each time you advance. Then there's offcourse the quest from mr Varro and a hlaalu quest of a certain dead person. And in Vivec you can also get some reputation points, by solving a murdercase for example. And then there is the thing with sleepers and also the mainquest.
Hmm, can't recall that with Surane to convince her. Only visited her once to retrieve a book for him and then said "are you sure?" and also asked about blade trainers. Seems like i have to visit her again. So it is not a follow up to tall papa, as that one is triggered right after the quest recovering some books.
As for Morgana; she is just walking outside her house. When i moved the house i let her walking at the old place, so she was just strolling around Morvayn Manor.

edit: just visited Surane, but she hasn't any topic. Looks like i'm stuck there. When does that convince thing start actually? Because she now only has the standard options, like blades, blades trainers, sixth house, latest rumors, little advice, little secret, caldera, caldera mines, etc.

edit2: i've looked into the dialog script (which i had exported with mash into a textfile) and it seems that line about convincing would already happen during the "recovering some books" quest, where you have to get back the weary warrior from surane. However, i never got such a topic and she only said she couldn't answer his affections because she's a member of the blades.
candesco
Associate

Postby Jac » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Your disposition has to be 90 or above for her to consider allowing Deandre to court her, otherwise she'll refuse his advances. You can console your way past it by setting that global variable in the dialog topic to one; Deandre should mention Lorit after that.
Jac
The Boss

Postby candesco » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Ah, that explains it. If i'm not mistaken by the time i did that quest surane's disposition was something above 80 (84 or so). Now it is above 90, but the quest is already finished some time ago.
I always do that quest somewhere in the first few levels. After reaching balmora and going to caius i then visit the eight plates and then make the trip to caldera. Seems i had to play the big bribing game then.
Could you give that consolecommand perhaps, which you mention?
candesco
Associate

Postby Jac » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:54 pm

set SuranRomance to 1
startscript Jac_moveDeandre

The script will stop itself once it's run. Talk to Deandre about the Tall Papa series at Surane's house to learn about Lorit.
Jac
The Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Jac's Mods