Female ancient Nord Armor (Skyrim)

A place to download and discuss Neildarkstar's mods. No adult content please.

Female ancient Nord Armor (Skyrim)

Postby neildarkstar » Sat May 24, 2014 8:36 pm

This is a mod I made for my own game, but I thought somebody might like to use it. In my mind, the ancient Nord armor worn by Aela of the Companions is the hottest vanilla armor in-game. I made a few changes that seem to be (in my own mind at least) improvements.

Female Ancient Nord Armor
by Neildarkstar

============================
Requirements

Skyrim

Description:

A retexture of the ancient Nord armor worn by Aela of the Companions faction that adds 3 different colors, and makes the armor a bit more revealing. It also adds a light armor version of the armor, and some enchantments to different sets of the armor.

Details

In my opinion, the armor Aela wears is about the hottest vanill armor in the game. It is revealing while retaining a degree of functionality. The armor in this mod is a bit more revealing, but without a great loss of functionality for those who want armor to look like it might be at least nominally effective.

The fact is that I created this mod for my own game, and then decided to share... so if there's not as much variety as you'd like, or subtle nuances are missing, then I encourage you to alter it as you see fit for your own use.

This mod adds three new colors of ancient nord armor for the female (the poor male is stuck with plain ol' armor 'til Slof gets to it :biggrin: ), and a total of 7 sets of armor. Three are enhanced with enchantments, three are left unenchanted in case you'd rather do it yourself. The unenchanted variety are fairly easy to acquire, but the other 3 will require a bit more effort.

The armor ratings/weights have been modified, and two sets of the armor are rated as light armor rather than the heavy armor rating of the normal ancient nord armor.

At the bottom of this readme I will include locations where the armor can be found in-game.

Installation

Just extract the file to a location of your choice, then drag drop or copy and paste the "Data" folder into your skyrim folder (say yes to overwrite if prompted).

Uninstall

Delete the .esp and the mesh and texture files. They can be found in the armor/draugr folders and all file names will contain an "ND" to identify them, with a corresponding number.

Conflicts/Bugs

No known conflicts. Since the meshes and textures were all given unique names it should work exactly like the vanilla armor, and I've tried to place them in out of the way spots to avoid conflicts.

Permissions/contact info
Feel free to do whatever you want with this mod, though credit would be nice if it's resources are used "intact". You can contact me at Wolflore.net or the Bethesda forums by PM, or by posting in the release thread at Wolflore.

Legal
this mod is offered "as is" and I do not take any responsibility for any consequences of its use whatsoever.

Spoiler/Locations

The three sets of unenchanted armor can be found in a chest in the torture chamber in Helgen Keep. BONUS: A fourth unenchanted version that is a touch more revealing can be found in the general quarters area of Jorvaskr leaning against the wall (same wall that the entrance door is in).

The enchanted (bonus to one-handed) light armor can be found in silent Moons camp, in the small room where the Bandit Chief usually hangs out, right near the plain chest.

The enchanted Battlemage armor (Fortify Destruction and Magicka regeneration) can be found in Saarthal on the floor on the far side of the table from where Gaulder's (the main bad guy) chair sits.

The enchanted Valkyrie armor (fortify two-handed) is in Halted Stream Camp in a dark corner near the Bandit chief.

====================================================================================================

FANA Scr 1.jpg

FANA Scr 2.jpg
FANA Scr 3.jpg

FANA Scr 4.jpg
FANA Scr 5.jpg

FANA Scr 6.jpg
FANA Scr 7.jpg

Download:
Female Ancient Nord Armor.7z
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Re: Female ancient Nord Armor (Skyrim)

Postby fleet » Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 pm

I don't have Skyrim, but if I did, I'd want to use this great looking mod. :bouncy:
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby neildarkstar » Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks fleet!
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Neil, what body mod is this for or did you just replace the textures? Thanks.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:33 pm

Jac wrote:Neil, what body mod is this for or did you just replace the textures? Thanks.

I replaced the textures of the vanilla armor, changing the colors and transparency to modify the general cut and appearance.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:29 am

Hmm. Thanks. I figured out how to create the armor in-game for Elaura, so I may just apply your textures to that and smith myself a new set.

So if I want the more revealing one, what mesh and texture do I need? Thanks.
Jac
The Boss

Postby neildarkstar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 am

Okay, I'm not sure I made it clear, but this is not a replacer mod. Each armor has its own ID, so you can actually use them all, or add them to various places if you want.

The most revealing set is:
meshes\Armor\draugr\nd5draugrarmorfemale_1
textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrarmornd7

(I'm afraid I don't remember offhand just how I named them in the creation kit, but they are all in the same folder as the draugr armor.)

One other thing... the most revealing armor was never actually released with the mod. It's only slightly more revealing, and has some symbols and stuff, though feel free to remove those if want, eh? Anyway, the armor can't really be more revealing because you will start to see a transparent body where skin should be visable if you remove any more.

That being said, this last set is not part of the esp, and you will have to add it in the creation kit unless you simply exchange the mesh for one of the other meshes in the creation kit. Anyway, here's the final set of armor:

JacArmor.zip
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

Have fun!
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 am

Oh, you were clear, Neil, I'm just trying to keep my load list at a minimum and was going to replace the meshes and textures of the armor I'm using for Elaura with yours. I made a copy of the ancient Nord armor so I could craft it at a forge rather than trying to scavenge for it. That's the version I wanted to attach your work to. With your blessings, I may even release it with her. :biggrin:

Got it figured out. Thanks Neil. :goodjob:

2014-07-30_00001.jpg
Jac
The Boss

Postby neildarkstar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm glad it's working for you! Anyway, like nearly all of my stuff, feel free to do with it as you will. I don't even pretend to try to retain any control... :biggrin:
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Neil, did you use the vanilla mesh for these or did you modify it to fit the new textures? I ask because I've been trying to port your outfit to UNPB, but I'm running into a blocky bodice and other issues. If it's a vanilla mesh, I think I can grab one that's already ported to UNPB and just use that. Thanks.
Jac
The Boss

Next

Return to Neildarkstar's Mods