[RELz] Gypsy Van

A place to download and discuss Neildarkstar's mods. No adult content please.

Re: [RELz] Gypsy Van

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:32 pm

So, I checked out Gypsy Van 1.0 :)

Talked to a Watcher in Balmora and she told me about the Van's location, as the readme indicated. A couple of typos:

now they're wagon is stuck insoft
should be
now their wagon is stuck in soft

I found the wagon without trouble, and its a good location to get lost - as a newbie player, I'm sure I forgot to cut through the foyada a few times.

I passed a wandering guar and the journal entry went off before I could see the van - I saw some fire or something far in the distance. Checking my journal, it said that I had been too late and that the priests were dead (oh no! are they? where are they?) and that I'd avenged their death (I.... did? who killed them?)

Proceeding, I found a flame atronoch and two cliff racers outside the van. I was fresh off the boat from seyda neen, so I set god mode and set their health to 0.

The van seemed to function properly, the menus popping up - went inside and turned on the lamp. neat. I had fun with the squeaky hinge on the little fold out table. ...reminds me of my uncle's camper. I would suggest a higher-rez texture for the inside of the van, however, since the camera is very close to it, and adding a fabric texture to it would probably clear up any confusion as to why there was sky in there.

I exited the van, picked it up, and then noticed a cave entrance called Hassour near the van. I went inside and caught corprus. At first level... boo hoo, lol.

When you're ready to test v2.0, I'll give it another shot :)
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 pm

The cave is not part of the mod. Had you left the area and equipped the Gypsy van token that was placed in your inventory, you would have had a packguar you could use as a companion.

Thanks for checking it out :)

I doubt I'll worry about fixing much more with this version though, I'm nearing completion on version 2.0, and I'll address the things you mentioned in it.

:biggrin:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:47 pm

I knew that the Hassour location wasn't part of your mod. Just thought it was funny why I didn't get to deploy the van and and guar - I had a "oh look! shiny! moment." :)
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Postby Savannah1994 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:13 am

This look's so great, I hope you do one with the horse for that would be cool too. -hint hint- :whistling:
Savannah1994
Associate

Title: Gamer Girl

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:06 am

Savannah1994 wrote:This look's so great, I hope you do one with the horse for that would be cool too. -hint hint- :whistling:

The main issue with the horse version is trying to get Mad Max's permission to use the riding script. It's not looking good, unless I can find someone to work the trig parts from scratch.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Previous

Return to Neildarkstar's Mods