[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 129: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 130: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Wolflore » View topic - [WIP] Shanghaid

[WIP] Shanghaid

A place to download and discuss Neildarkstar's mods. No adult content please.

[WIP] Shanghaid

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:32 am

Shanghaied is a mod I'm working on, that deals with slaves, pirates, things that go bump in the night. I gave a fair description of the background here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1376 but I decided something a bit... grander would be fun.

I've never before made a movie, and never before uploaded one to You Tube, so this is a bit of a first first. I had a lot of fun making both the mod and the movie, I hope you'll enjoy the movie for now and the mod when it's finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koT10L5d4FE

Progress updates will follow when appropriate...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Re: [WIP] Shanghaid

Postby Kagz » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:46 am

:shades: Excellent, looks really good so far.

:drunk:
Kagz
Protector

Postby DARoot » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 am

This looks really good, Neildarkstar, and a lot of fun!

Are you aware that "Booty Island," Gianluca's "GS_Tamriel Tribute to the Community," MadMaxx's "Ultimate Galleon," and several more mods feature cannons that the Player can aim and fire in 1st person mode?

Just sayin'....
:biggrin:
DARoot
DARoot

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks, guys!

About the canons... Yeah, Ultimate Galleon is one of my favorite mods... but that's one of the reasons that I don't think I'll add the canons. It's been done, and anyone who wants a ship with canons can have one. In popular lore pirates and canons go hand in hand, but historically, not so much.

Piracy dates back to at least the 14th century BC, and included Illyrians, Phoenicians, Greeks and Romans. those individuals managed without canons, and indeed, canons at sea almost ended piracy... Did you know that popular history says Julius Caesar was kidnapped by pirates at one time?

Also, anyone interested in this mod should be aware that the player controls nothing beyond their own skin in this mod, which is really what this mod is about. The player is a slave,eh? Instead of Jack Sparrow, think of Spartacus. I may yet include galleys with rowing benches, if I can find a way to make it work...
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby DARoot » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Go the way y'know, Neildarkstar!
DARoot
DARoot

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:27 am

Rowing benches, bad idea, unless you make the animation, kind of like the lever animation, except that it will be diagonal, and if so, will we see the player gripping that oaken piece of stick.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title:

Postby neildarkstar » Sun May 25, 2014 9:21 am

neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:09 pm

it just something like Fable2 posted- you give people a bag of free gold coins, they'll complain that one of the coins is tarnished. Don't worry about what others say, make it, I'll help you, if can help with my little abilities.

Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title:

Postby neildarkstar » Sun May 25, 2014 5:37 pm

There's just one problem. I've kinda moved on from Morrowind, and I don't even have it installed on my computer anymore. Not to say that I might not go back someday for a little nod to nostalgia, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. The same is true for Oblivion, I suspect.

Part of my disenchantment is simply that I find myself with less and less time to mod, and for larger mods, regular and prolonged concentration is nearly essential. At the same time, Ive still never finished most of Skyrim, I have never finished playing the quest lines in FO3, FONV, the new Tomb Raider, and I still haven't finished The Witcher. I have brand new titles on my machine that I've never played at all, and I want to try Assassin's Creed now that I have a machine that will play it. As the saying goes, time is the fire in which we burn...
:biggrin:
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:36 am

Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title:

Return to Neildarkstar's Mods