Female ancient Nord Armor (Skyrim)

A place to download and discuss Neildarkstar's mods. No adult content please.

Re: Female ancient Nord Armor (Skyrim)

Postby neildarkstar » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Mr.Shadow1234 wrote:Damn, you guys never talk in english do you? Vertices and Blender and nif! Okay, sorry, if I unintentionally hurt somebody...well, I don't understand modelling at all, and was wondering if someone would be so kind as to teach me...Please :mellow:

Shadow

That request is more complicated than you might think... :biggrin:

You could spend years learning it, literally. Most of us don't more than basic things, with some exceptions like alien Slof and Drakkmore who can do pretty much whatever they want. Fortunately, there are many tutorials around that can be very helpful to you for the basics. Blender is a free software app that can be used to work with meshes. Or, if you have the money, you can buy 3d Studio max for what, about $1500 US? I haven't checked the price lately, so that could be way off. Anyway, you'll need the tools first, then the tutorials, and probably a mentor to get you past the rough patches.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:18 am

$1500? thats 91245 rupees, about ONE LAKH, okay, but then I'll have to buy my brother a new graphics card. :lol:
Last edited by Mr.Shadow1234 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:32 am

Mr.Shadow1234 wrote:$1500? thats 91245 rupees, about Ten Thousand, okay, but then I'll have to buy my brother a new graphics card. :lol:

The thing is that Blender does about the same job as 3d Studio Max, it's free, and there are a lot of tutorials for it. A lot of modders who do things with meshes us Bender, so there is actually a fairly large support base scattered around the community. If you have to have a new graphics card for 3ds max, it'd be the same story with Blender.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I went and checked the price for 3dsMax, and it's actually $1,470.00 US annually for pay as you go, or $3,675.00 US to buy it outright. That's almost breathtaking, isn't it? I can see it'll be Blender for me, eh?
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:19 am

That's 2 lakhs...you can have a car for like that much...My father will kill me!
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Postby Drakkmore » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:42 am

I would suggest Blender myself. The way I understand it is that the new 3DS max Nifscripts support Skyrim meshes as well as opposed to having to convert them through Nifskope as you would have to do with Blender (this is only my understanding though). Also I had read some where a few years back that students could get a copy of 3DSmax for considerably cheaper IF they are taking a course that would suggest that they need use it. By considerably cheaper I was lead to understand that students could get a copy for free while they are students, and if they wished to continue using it afterwords they would have to pay up. I can not verify that statement though as I never used it as a student or otherwise.
Now I can give all sorts of pointers in Blender, but I'm not the best person to have as a teacher for Blender, as most of my Blender learning has been figured out through experimentation.
That leads me to my first suggestion with Blender:
Import a mesh into blender, and play around with the buttons,and mouse to see what you can accomplish with that, save the mesh (it will not over write if you save it will save a Blend File). Play with the program,and get used to it. Also it would not hurt to read/watch any tutorials for Blender that you can find.

Also you will require Blender 2.49b (and all other programs required to run the nifscripts for blender) to make Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3,a nd Fallout New Vegas meshes.
Also also Here is a link to Blender 2.49b in MMH it will also tell you what else you need to run Blender
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Previous

Return to Neildarkstar's Mods