Wolflore History and Future

Post what you like here. No adult content, please.

Wolflore History and Future

Postby Ghostwolf » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Wolflore I (Location Shardwire 2003 - 2006)
For those who don't know Wolflore has existed since 2003 when Lupus Scripts ended. At that time I mainly created it as a repository for scripts for use with the Wolf - Type Ultima Online emulators of the time. Toward the end of 2005 I began adding some of my Morrowind scripts as well as visited AGM where I became a member after lurking for a month or two.

Wolflore II (2006 - 2007)
At that time I met eviljanitor, enmesharra and others and moved Wolflore to a new host 110mb.com (don't trust em) where I began to rebuild Wolflore into a MMO news and mod site. Our membership grew after AGM shut down but 110mb shut us down as they wanted to start charging for mysql databases after we've been there for 8 months.

Wolflore III ( 2007 - 2011)
Just before 110mb pulled the plug enmesharra offered me a place to homestead which I accepted and here we are.

What were we about?
RPGs and User created content such as emulated MMO's. Even though we host a good number of mods for Morrowind and Oblivion we're just another mods site. If you look at the news you'll notice a lot of stories dealing with emulators which sounds complicated but isn't.

Basically an emulated server is a another way to play your favorite MMORPG for free or if your creative host it yourself to let friends play. Are they legal? I have yet to hear of legal action against running an emulator so I see no problems.

We also cover other areas as well such as retro games, abandonware games, as well as new stuff.

Wolflore IV (2011 - ?)
This is the 4th incarnation of Wolflore and to be honest I never thought it would have made it this far. It has grown from a simple script site for a now dead emulator to haven for adult gamers from around the globe. The evolution still continues but what is the new direction of this site as I eluded to in the post back at the former site?

First off I'm no longer the captain of the ship. I still retain some powers but I've achieved most of the goals I set out to do and therefore I'm proud to give Jac the helm. Let someone else dare to dream big, who knows Wolflore may just become the #1 Adult Mod site period.

2nd We're using Phpbb instead of Dragon Fly cms, it's simple, stable and not complicated. Nuff said there.

3rd I don't know,, it depends upon you. The goal I set for Wolflore III was to be a project driven community. Thanks to Galgat, Donkey, Nessa and many others it has become that.

NUFF SAID at least by me anyway
I am a shrubber, keeper of shrubbery. Please take care of thine own shrubs as I am quite busy shrubbing all over the place.
Ghostwolf
No Prize Winner
No Prize Winner

Title: Master of Shrubbery!

Re: Wolflore History and Future

Postby Ghostwolf » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:44 pm

Jac, this place rocks :bike:

Thank you again.
I am a shrubber, keeper of shrubbery. Please take care of thine own shrubs as I am quite busy shrubbing all over the place.
Ghostwolf
No Prize Winner
No Prize Winner

Title: Master of Shrubbery!

Postby Tes96 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 am

I hope this website is still around well into the 22nd century.
I haven't post on here since 2011. Great to see that this website is still active.
I remember Enmesharra's website was the only website for Morrowind where we could post adult themed mods. It was quite helpful and lots of fun, too. It looks as though WolfLore is the last website where we can post adult themed content for TES3. Does Great House Fliggerty allow adult mods?
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Tes96
Associate

Title: Psijic

Postby fleet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Tes96 wrote:I hope this website is still around well into the 22nd century.
I haven't post on here since 2011. Great to see that this website is still active.
I remember Enmesharra's website was the only website for Morrowind where we could post adult themed mods. It was quite helpful and lots of fun, too. It looks as though WolfLore is the last website where we can post adult themed content for TES3. Does Great House Fliggerty allow adult mods?

I am not familiar with great house fliggerty.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Jac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:05 am

Tes96 wrote:Does Great House Fliggerty allow adult mods?

Outside of nude mods, no. We took over the adult portion of MMH.

fleet wrote:I am not familiar with great house fliggerty.
Very respectfully,
fleet

GHF is our sister site, Fleet. The admin (Fliggerty) provides us with hosting. :shades: He's also the reason our e-mail services doesn't work. :rant:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby fleet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:13 am

Jac wrote:

Very respectfully,
fleet

GHF is our sister site, Fleet. The admin (Fliggerty) provides us with hosting. :shades: He's also the reason our e-mail services doesn't work. :rant:

I remeber fliggerty provides us hosting. It was the great house part I was unfamiliar with. :sad:
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Jac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:51 pm

No worries, Fleet. GHF is more focused on The Elder Scrolls, where we talk about all kinds of games. :biggrin: At least they used to be... :unsure:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Leonardo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 pm

fleet wrote:
Jac wrote:

Very respectfully,
fleet

It was the great house part I was unfamiliar with. :sad:

Then you should play Morrowind.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Postby fable2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:22 am

Leonardo wrote:Then you should play Morrowind.

This.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Return to Anything Goes