Welcome to the Iron Skillet!

A place to exchange recipes and cooking tips and techniques.

Welcome to the Iron Skillet!

Postby Jac » Mon May 09, 2011 9:36 pm

I love cooking and one of the things I love about cooking is trying out new recipes. So if you have any recipes you'd like to share, start a new thread and post them here. All are much appreciated. :) Oh, and please no :spam: Thank you.
Last edited by Jac on Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed topic title.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: This forum

Postby Elaura » Mon May 09, 2011 10:00 pm

I keep telling you, Jac, there's nothing wrong with SPAM. Well, it's a little salty, so I prefer the Treet brand, but there's nothing wrong with canned meat products. You can't imagine how many natural disasters Spam and Treet have seen me through.

Oh, wait. Did you mean like people should *not* post non-contributory posts in the recipes forum? If that's what you meant, then doesn't that go without saying? Well, anyway, to avoid any possible confusion, we can post recipes including canned meat products, just not useless posts, right?
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Kiteflyer61 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Jeez Jac!

Are your fingers smoking? That's a lot of posts! :biggrin:

I usually cook "on the fly", meaning I don't follow recipes. I'll see what I can do to get my lasagna recipe into print. Just so you know, I've had friends actually fight over the leftovers! :meshoot:

And just for the record, I HATE spam! (the food that is. I just ignore the forum type :D ) I'd rather starve than smell it, let alone eat it. It does make good catfish bait though. :mockery:

KF
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kiteflyer61
Protector

Title: Hired Gun

Postby Jac » Mon May 09, 2011 10:33 pm

I've posted a few of these on another forum, KF. :biggrin: Don't worry about getting your proportions right; as long as you have all of the ingredients and the proper cooking/preparing directions, it'll be fine.

In case anybody's curious, the reason why a certain thread here might have a rather high view count is because it was once part of a catch-all recipe thread that I split out into individual threads for easier searching.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Return to The Iron Skillet