Polls?

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

Polls?

Postby fable2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 am

Don't know if this has been asked before, but is there anyway to conduct a poll in the forum? If so, I can't seem to find it.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Re: Polls?

Postby neildarkstar » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:23 am

Okay, everyone in favor of a poll thread raise your hand... Uh, duh... One... Uh, duh... Two... Uh... Oh damn, that was my toe I just counted! Uh... duh... One...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby DARoot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:02 am

My father's old Aunt had a lovely green Amazon Parrot that could talk, and would perch on your arm and let you feed it peanuts and bits of fruit. His cage was in her kitchen, next to her radio, and he could imitate some of the radio commercials [he was particularly fond of the jingle for one of the local furniture stores].
So, I'm very much in favor of...
Oh, wait.
You said "Poll" not "Polly"
Nevermind.

DARoot
DARoot

Postby fable2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:15 am

DARoot wrote:My father's old Aunt had a lovely green Amazon Parrot that could talk, and would perch on your arm and let you feed it peanuts and bits of fruit. His cage was in her kitchen, next to her radio, and he could imitate some of the radio commercials [he was particularly fond of the jingle for one of the local furniture stores].
So, I'm very much in favor of...
Oh, wait.
You said "Poll" not "Polly"
Nevermind.

DARoot

Oh, I've no problem talking about Polly, just as long as we also talk about polls. Then we can talk about polling Polly, if you'd like.

Polly, would you:

1) Like a cracker;

2) Like some wine and cheese;

3) Prefer to move to the Cayman Islands where you can keep untaxable income and become filthy rich?
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby DARoot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Hiya, Fable2
Seriously [...yes, I know, it's a departure for me...],
There is an example of a "Poll" here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=454
Study it, dissect it, and you can probably come up with the method [assuming Jac or Elaura don't provide you with specific instructions...]

Here's a start:
Who Doesn't Understand Neildarkstar's Jokes?
A: Always
B: Sometimes 1
C: Never
D: Who's Neildarkstar?

DARoot
DARoot

Postby Jac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:41 pm

DARoot, you're a nut. :mockery:

Fable, whenever you start a new topic, on the bottom you should have three tabs: post options (may not have that), upload attachment, and poll creation. If you don't have the poll creation tab, let us know and we'll see about adjusting the permissions.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby fable2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Jac wrote:DARoot, you're a nut. :mockery:

Fable, whenever you start a new topic, on the bottom you should have three tabs: post options (may not have that), upload attachment, and poll creation. If you don't have the poll creation tab, let us know and we'll see about adjusting the permissions.

It's there. I suspect I missed it before simply because I was only looking at the top of the message for options. :uhuh:
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Elaura » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:40 pm

I don't know how Jac keeps up with where all the options are; he's an admin on about fifteen different forums and each one has a different format. I can't keep track of just two that are both phpBB.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Kiteflyer61 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Same here Elaura. :D

I'm still trying to figure out a lot of stuff, but I'm getting there. Jac had to rescue me a while back when a click farmer showed up at GHF. :shades:

KF
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kiteflyer61
Protector

Title: Hired Gun

Postby Jac » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:57 pm

fable2 wrote:It's there. I suspect I missed it before simply because I was only looking at the top of the message for options. :uhuh:

I missed this somehow. I'm glad you found it because I thought I had set the permissions properly. PHP has two types: standard access and standard access with polls. The former allows a user to start new topics, post replies, and vote in polls but does not allow them to create polls. The later is what allows that access. Anyway, any forum that you can see and post in should allow you to create polls if you start a new topic. If you can't, let me or Elaura know and we'll get it fixed. Thanks.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Return to Comments & Questions