Joomla - Using it for both hosted mods and posted images

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

Joomla - Using it for both hosted mods and posted images

Postby Leonardo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:50 pm

Most websites today are using Joomla, at least the non-commercial sites, and on YouTube can videos be found about how to setup and starting using Joomla.

Joomla is open source with full CMS support and free to use for any community site(s) like Wolflore.

I think Joomla could make a huge difference on Wolflore for all members here e.g both modders and players, using Joomla as a sort of a gallery.

My reason why I posted this is simple. I would like to know how many people have downloaded my Skyrim Map Markers mod, regardless how many times I've updating the mod, because as it is now every time I updated my mod the mod will be lose the downloads the previous mod version had and I find it to be annoying to keep track of how many people who actually downloaded (total downloads) the mod. :happy:
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Re: Joomla - Using it for both hosted mods and posted images

Postby Elaura » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Looks nice, Leo, but Wolflore isn't really a mod hosting site, technically. We just allow friends to upload to have an extra place, just in case the regular sites fail or change their rules. Part of the benefit of Wolflore is that authors maintain 100% control over what they upload and who can see it and download it. I just don't see us needing any kind of "system". I mean we even have just a regular thread for sharing temporary uploads like savegame files, logs, and private mods.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Leonardo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:06 am

You mean a backup site just what AlienSlof needed when her host had a fire incident a couple of years ago.

From what I know about Joomla is that certain groups can be created and administrated just what you and Jac does in this forum. Another thing that Joomla could do is to *replace* the portal that I and a few other people had an issue with.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Postby Elaura » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:57 pm

While I've never considered Wolflore an upload site of any sort, it certainly isn't anyone's primary site to my knowledge, so "backup" is accurate.

However, I'm fairly certain Jac isn't looking to learn another language/software program simply to replace the portal and administer the few mods we have. Sometimes, simpler is better.

Besides, change is over-rated. Most of our members are old enough to prefer some things stay the way they are. Our Wal-mart (big combination department store grocery store) just changed everything around and I was so mad I couldn't find anything, even when I knew which aisle it was on. It took us longer to do our shopping and we bought less than usual. Certainly put me off change for a while.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Return to Comments & Questions