Login, what gives?

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

Login, what gives?

Postby neildarkstar » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:56 am

So, every time I come to Wolflore these days. I have to login. No matter how many times I check that stupid "log me in automtically" box. On top of that, if I login and then open a new tab to somewhere else and am gone for a few minutes, I am logged out when i come back to the wolflore tab. Then I have to login all over again. Wassupwitdat?
:biggrin:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Re: Login, what gives?

Postby Jac » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:02 am

I think it's a server issue, Neil, but I'll look into it. For now, all I can suggest to do is to clear your cookies and let new ones be created.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Dlichnum » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:09 am

I've had that problem for like a year now. And I've changed computers twice! You get used to it. :lol:

:scamper:
Dlichnum
Journeyman

Postby fable2 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:35 am

I haven't had any issues like that. For what it's worth, I'd make sure you still have cookies turned on for this site through your browser.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Elaura » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:20 am

It's been happening to me, too. Our server admin does upgrades and maintenance in sudden bursts of activity and then he leaves everything alone for a while; it should go back to normal soon.

As far as persistent problems, I'd say use the link on the bottom right of this screen called "Delete all board cookies" and make sure your browser is set to accept cookies and not delete them on shut down. Opera allows you to use different settings for different sites, so you don't have to accept all cookies everywhere to stay logged in. I don't know about other browsers, but I'm sure they all have similar settings.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Red Herring » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:56 pm

For a bit of lurker input, I shall also note that I experience this issue as well. Image

In my case, it logs me out after several hours of inactivity. I've tried pretty much all I've can to ensure that I accept a login cookie, but alas, to no avail. So my guess would be that the phpBB login functions are being a bit silly for whatever reason, the phpBB theme is not encoded to divvy out cookies properly (unlikely, since it occurs when using the login page as well) or it is indeed a server issue.
Image Image Image
Red Herring
Associate

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:12 am

Red Herring wrote:For a bit of lurker input, I shall also note that I experience this issue as well. Image

In my case, it logs me out after several hours of inactivity. I've tried pretty much all I've can to ensure that I accept a login cookie, but alas, to no avail. So my guess would be that the phpBB login functions are being a bit silly for whatever reason, the phpBB theme is not encoded to divvy out cookies properly (unlikely, since it occurs when using the login page as well) or it is indeed a server issue.

Same happens to me too! Deleting all board cookies do not help! Using Chrome and Firefox, and ran the update yesterday.

Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Return to Comments & Questions