General Complaints and Whines

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

Re: General Complaints and Whines

Postby Ghostwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:02 am

Now it's turning out to be a really exciting movie,, We'll throw in the stud of the Republican party Newt Gingrich to add drama between him and Al Gore. :bouncy:
I am a shrubber, keeper of shrubbery. Please take care of thine own shrubs as I am quite busy shrubbing all over the place.
Ghostwolf
No Prize Winner
No Prize Winner

Title: Master of Shrubbery!

Postby neildarkstar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:15 am

"Nobody" was that Native American guy in that Johnny Depp movie. There wasn't anybody who wanted to see his naked butt either, but we all did...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Elaura » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:15 am

I think there should be a part for Charlie Sheen . . .
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby neildarkstar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:27 am

In the nude "Love Boat" Charlie could be "Gopher"...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Ghostwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:33 am

:writing: Ah one could just envy those script writers :writing:
I am a shrubber, keeper of shrubbery. Please take care of thine own shrubs as I am quite busy shrubbing all over the place.
Ghostwolf
No Prize Winner
No Prize Winner

Postby Kitsune » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:44 pm

A lot of "RPG"s these days are nothing less then adventure games too me. Skyrim included. Which I don' really like. My opinion is simple. We should stop letting marketing create the games, and return to making games.
Kitsune
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Game development is a costly business, so I can't blame publishers for backing things they're certain will sell. I "vote" for games the best way I can: I buy those I like and ignore those I'm not interested in. Unless the market as a whole decides that the current wave of games isn't to their liking, those types of games will continue to be produced.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Ghostwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:25 pm

That is why I'm a retro gamer, aside from them being cheap, there's several I haven't played before.
Ghostwolf
No Prize Winner
No Prize Winner

Postby Elaura » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:19 pm

I know you preordered Skyrim, Kitsune, but I really don't mean any personal offense to you by saying that preordering is one of the worst things a consumer can do. You can't even have a hope of influencing a market when you buy their product sight-unseen. The market then becomes a hype machine, with whichever game company that can whip up the biggest frenzy becoming the winner. I wonder how many of the vastly disappointed gamers actually *returned* their copies and got refunds? Even then, the money has been on the company's books for an entire quarter or more before the returns are figured back in.

There are stages of sales that might hurt a game developer's feelings, like if a game sucks so bad nobody buys the expansions or re-releases, but really, that is just gravy. The content is already developed it just has to be polished and packaged, so no real revenue is lost there.

However, I really must warn folks in the PC gaming community about complaining too loudly. As previously pointed out, companies like Bethesda and Bioware are not made or broken by us. A lot of them could stop marketing PC games altogether and hardly notice a drop in revenue. They're already kind of doing us a favor by even porting their console games and making modding kits to begin with, but since big companies aren't known for doing unprofitable favors, maybe there is some benefit to doing it, but if PC gamers become too big of an annoyance, the benefit might someday be outweighed . . . then all we would have left is Indie and retro games.

I'm not saying people shouldn't bitch, but preordering (or not returning) a product and then bitching about it is as useless as bitching about politicians and not bothering to vote.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Ghostwolf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 pm

My serious perspective about this is $$ rules, as long as there's $$ in it then they will deal it out. A moddable game that sucks has a huge advantage over a great game that can't be modded. It can be improved, with community made mods and addons while the other is good until it gets boring.

Though Skyrim may be eye candy, it (with modders with over active imaginations) can actually be made better than Oblivion.

I'm not saying people shouldn't bitch, but preordering (or not returning) a product and then bitching about it is as useless as bitching about politicians and not bothering to vote.

True but when there's no one worth voting for which is currently the case I can :mockery:

Anyways hopefully someone makes a sex mod for Skyrim involving Rosie O'Donnell as a hapless Nord lass seeking true love in a cold world. :luvu:
Ghostwolf
No Prize Winner
No Prize Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Comments & Questions