Modgames site?

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

Modgames site?

Postby fable2 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:06 am

I received an email over at Nexus about my Skin-toned Mannequins mod for Oblivion (which is also up, here):

Hello, Balakirev)

Your Skin-toned Mannequins mod is so cool that it is hard to imagine what could be better. ;)
You are wery professional modder. :thumbsup:

Can I please put your wonderful mod on the site modgames of course under your conditions.

First thing to note is how extremely vague the compliment is. It's the kind of comment I'd expect to see in a generic form post. Second thing is that no information or link is provided to the site. So I'm leery of "Modgames," and was wondering if anybody knew anything about it.

EDIT: Just noticed that the identical message, with a few phrases of German added, was placed in a German ES modding forum two years ago, apparently more than a dozen times.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Re: Modgames site?

Postby Kiteflyer61 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Looks like a Russian gaming site...

http://modgames.net/

A lot of those sites don't bother asking permission to post others work, so I don't know what to tell you. It's likely your mod is already there anyway. :(

KF
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kiteflyer61
Protector

Title: Hired Gun

Postby Jac » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Interesting, but that site doesn't open up for me. It's up to you whether or not you want to host it there, Fable. I usually only host my stuff at sites I know and figure anything anywhere else isn't going to be supported by me because I didn't put it there and I can't vouch that it's the latest version. I do know that there's another mod "site" that doesn't host any mods, it just links back to ones on the Nexus, so take any new site with a grain of salt.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby fable2 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks. I agree, at least these people asked, but I'm disinclined to give permission. It's up on only two sites right now (at least that I know of), and that's the way I'd like to keep it.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Jac » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:09 pm

The problem with uploading mods anywhere on the Net is that if it's a place open to the public, you pretty much release all control of how it's distributed. But, you always retain control over whether or not you support it depending on where it winds up. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Postby fable2 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:38 pm

By "support," I suspect you mean "ur mod made my game crash!!!1! fix it"

;)
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Elaura » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Yup. If Jac didn't upload it, he doesn't support it.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Jac » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:09 pm

Exactly.
Jac
The Boss

Postby fleet » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Same holds true for visual novels. If I don't know where my stuff is uploaded, I don't see when somebody posts that they have a problem playing (of course, it never helps that the :rant: people who upload my stuff conveniently 'forget' to include the readme file, which contains contact and trouble shooting information.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Jac » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:20 am

Of course not, Fleet. If they did, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on by hosting it because you explicitly state not to host it anywhere else. :banned:
Jac
The Boss

Next

Return to Comments & Questions