No portal link?

If there's something you want to see or if you have a question, let us know here. No adult content, please.

Re: No portal link?

Postby Jac » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:49 am

Are you using the DVGFX (white on black) or the ProSilver (black on white with blue thingies) theme, Neil? If it's the later, it's probably because I never put a portal link there. I just came on as a guest and the link works just fine with DVGFX. I'll see about adding it to the ProSilver theme.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Leonardo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 am

That's odd because now the portal link worked. All I did was to first try the portal with prosilver then as you mention Jac there is no portal template for prosilver yet. After that I switch back to DVGFX (black) and tried again which worked.

Btw... I forgot to mention about an update for the DVGFX theme last year, but also the release of the proDVGFX theme from the same author. I took a quick look at the proDVGFX theme and it looks nice perhaps a little cleaner than the original DVGFX theme.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Jac wrote:Are you using the DVGFX (white on black) or the ProSilver (black on white with blue thingies) theme, Neil? If it's the later, it's probably because I never put a portal link there. I just came on as a guest and the link works just fine with DVGFX. I'll see about adding it to the ProSilver theme.

No, I'm using the white on black, as I have for quite a long time. The links still don't work for me, but I'm kinda wondering of maybe some of the privacy software I use is effecting it. I use "Ghostery", "Better Privacy", and "https Everywhere"...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 am

I dunno, Neil. Does the direct link take you there?

I'll look at that after I get around to upgrading the board, Leo. Thanks.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby neildarkstar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:46 pm

This is really very interesting... I just tried clicking on the portal link from the board index, and nothing at all happened. I returned to this thread, and on a whim clicked on the portal link again. It immediately logged me out. So, I logged in again, and again clicked on the link, and it took me to the portal page.

I've tried it again a few times, with the same results. From the thread, clicking on the portal link gets me logged out, and then the link (if I click it again) takes me to the portal after I log in again.

:chinscratch:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Leonardo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Today I click on the portal link as a guest but nothing happens. I logged in and now the portal link worked, so it seems to me that the portal cannot be viewed as a guest or is it something else that I've missed.

If that's important I'm using Pale Moon 24.7.0 (x64).
Leonardo
Journeyman

Postby Elaura » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:56 am

Thanks for letting us know, Leo. We'll look into it.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Leonardo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:20 pm

neildarkstar wrote:This is really very interesting... I just tried clicking on the portal link from the board index, and nothing at all happened. I returned to this thread, and on a whim clicked on the portal link again. It immediately logged me out. So, I logged in again, and again clicked on the link, and it took me to the portal page.

I've tried it again a few times, with the same results. From the thread, clicking on the portal link gets me logged out, and then the link (if I click it again) takes me to the portal after I log in again.

:chinscratch:

I think I know why guests can't see the portal, because it has adult content which only logged in members can see due to forum based permission.

However, in contrast to what Neil tried I wasn't logged out when I click on the portal link without clicking it when I was in this thread.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Previous

Return to Comments & Questions