Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

2D & 3D games and game mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Postby Adul » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Hey everyone, long time no see! :wave:

I've come bearing good news for my fellow fans of the tactical CRPG:
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire

My main hope is that we get a similarly well-developed continuity between the two Pillars games as we did with the BG series. That is, imported main character, continuous leveling, and satisfying high-level content. It would be great to have another CRPG saga with the same dedication to long-term character progression, which is one of my favorite aspect of BG. I'm not a fan of the Mass Effect copout of reducing you to level 1 at the start of each sequel.

Update: They're using the deleveling copout. Oh well. The game could still be good regardless, this just means I won't be enjoying it as much in the coming years and decades as I could have otherwise.
Adul
Warden

Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Postby Fenrir » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Well, if nothing else, now I want to go back to the first game and finish it. This one looks interesting, though, I look forward to it.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: Stray Dog

Postby Adul » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:12 am

Yup, I've also just went back to it, as I've never finished it. I haven't played the expansions either, which I'm curious about.

So what ended up happening is I updated the game, installed the expansions, started 3 new characters, and now I'm going to bed. Hopefully my next attempt will be more productive. :meshoot:
Adul
Warden

Postby Fenrir » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:43 am

I still have to reinstall the game, not a single clue why I deleted it but whoops.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: Stray Dog

Postby Jac » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:01 pm

I finished it, but never did finish either of the EPs. I started the first one, but got bored with that character before the 2nd came out. I may go back to it eventually if I can tear myself away from FO 4.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Return to 2D & 3D Games