Skin Discoloration Help

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

Skin Discoloration Help

Postby obliv53 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:43 am

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? D:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q98/ ... titled.png

The skin on the hand shows up as the wrong skin color in the tes edit and in game.
Last edited by obliv53 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
obliv53
Associate

Re: Making a Male Mesh into a Female Mesh

Postby Elaura » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:08 am

I wouldn't know, but some mod authors explicitly forbid their meshes being changed at all. Make sure in the readme that you are allowed to change the meshes before you go any further.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Symon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:58 am

Of course, as long as it is for private use only, you have no issues. That said, most modders are reasonably liberal in their policies so long as you credit them for their work.

I've never seen a tutorial, probably because it's more of an art than a science. There are basically four steps required:
1. Concept. What are you going to change to make this 'female' (or 'male', as there are far more female only meshes).
2. Tweak vertices. You often have to move lots of these. I recently fitted a suspender belt (US: Garter belt) to a male mesh. Almost every vertex was repositioned.
3. Re-weight the vertices. Fortunately, Blender has a script to copy weights, so this is usually much easier than it sounds.
4. Export the Nif for the relevant game and adjust in Nifskope. Usually a matter of cut/pasting to the final mesh..
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.
Symon
Journeyman

Title: Wirrn

Postby gnomesrule19 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 am

First, Import the female body mesh into whatever modeling program you use. Then import the clothing mesh and position it so that it will overlap the body mesh. You should probably make them separate objects. This way you can tweak the vertices to fit the female body. Hope that helps.
gnomesrule19
Associate

Postby obliv53 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 pm

I was hoping for some beginner tutorials xD How to import, how to move verticies, Ect, any information about editing meshes in blender and or nifskope would be highly useful. Though I do have some ideas based on what you have all said thus far.

And no worries, the clothing I'm working on I've gotten permission to alter as long as it's for private use only.
obliv53
Associate

Postby Jac » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Is this for Morrowind or Oblivion? Either way, there's a tutorial on Wikibooks that might help with Blender.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby obliv53 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Oblivion
obliv53
Associate

Postby Jac » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

That tutorial should get you started. If you need other tutorials, we'll track 'em down. The UESP probably has a few as well.
Jac
The Boss

Postby obliv53 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 pm

what is the UESP? Also, thanks for that link. I'll be reading it and hopefully it'll help.
obliv53
Associate

Postby Jac » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 am

Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages. It's a wiki for TES games. The Oblivion section should have links to tutorials like the ones you're looking for.
Jac
The Boss

Next

Return to Help Wanted