make a game

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

make a game

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:44 am

Okay, I'll be blunt about this.

I want to make a game. I slept through computer class, so missed out on coding, and I can't use blender or Nifskope.

All I can do is write, or maybe draw a little very badly.

Remember when I said that Skyrim goofed up the Civil War?

That's what I want to make, a really good Civil War story. Not based in Skyrim or something, but in a pseudo-historical/ alternate universe nation.

A top down 2D/2.5D hack and slash open world video game with a heavy emphasis on the story and exploration.

Hand placed loot, Party based Hack and Slash combat, that is, you don't stay alive for long alone.

Inspired by Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, Baldur's gate, PS:T and shaped by the likes of Diablo, DMC: Devil May Cry, Darksiders.

It will be a welcome treat to people who grew up playing RPGs and yet accessible to the new gamers.

I can't do this alone, so I'd love it if someone decided to throw in.

Shadow
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Re: make a game

Postby Fenrir » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:43 am

I can't computer for shit, but if you ever want help or feedback on writing and lore, I'll be here for ya.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: Stray Dog

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:29 am

Thanks man, was kinda counting on you.

Anyone else? Neil, Adul, Jac, Elaura...please?
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:49 am

I've got way too much on my plate already, so I'm gonna have to decline. I don't have the knowledge you would need anyway, so I wouldn't be much help in any case. You know, making a game sounds simple, but it's really a huge and intensive undertaking.

Modding was about as far down that road as I care to go, with what tools I have to work with. Even making something like a Total Conversion is a massive undertaking that can take years to finish. Think of Tamriel Rebuilt for instance.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:56 am

neildarkstar wrote:I've got way too much on my plate already, so I'm gonna have to decline. I don't have the knowledge you would need anyway, so I wouldn't be much help in any case. You know, making a game sounds simple, but it's really a huge and intensive undertaking.

Modding was about as far down that road as I care to go, with what tools I have to work with. Even making something like a Total Conversion is a massive undertaking that can take years to finish. Think of Tamriel Rebuilt for instance.

Time is not a problem and the thing is, you have been playing video games before i was even born, you know a lot of things, so at least guide the script.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Postby Adul » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:15 am

Sounds like a game I'd play, so if you manage to get help I'll be looking forward to seeing more of it, for sure. As for me, I'm sorry to say I already have my hands full at the moment.
Adul
Warden

Postby fleet » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:07 pm

What software engine do you plan to use?
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:57 pm

I don't know fleet, Havok, or Unity Or Unreal engine. I'm a noob when it comes to all this.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Postby fleet » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:43 pm

I can't help with any of those (never used them). You might want to consider visiting the user forums of those engines, and see if any programmers are offering their services.
I would think any interested programmers would want to know how much of the writing has been done.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby neildarkstar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:37 am

Mr.Shadow1234 wrote:Time is not a problem and the thing is, you have been playing video games before i was even born, you know a lot of things, so at least guide the script.

For a young guy time may not be a problem, but the older one gets, each moment becomes a bit more precious. :) I also have no idea what you mean by "guide the script"...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Next

Return to Help Wanted