I need help getting rid of a bug!

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

I need help getting rid of a bug!

Postby MrBattleAxe » Sat May 09, 2015 4:11 pm

So, its quite simple really, i'm making a follower for a friend and the dark face bug happened. I tried CTRL+F4 to export her facegen, i read that would fix the problem but it didn't! I don't know what to do so i would love all the help i can get. Also, do i need to re-do the mod if nothing works? Here's the image http://i.imgur.com/Xed7OQm.jpg if you want to see her.
MrBattleAxe
Associate

Re: I need help getting rid of a bug!

Postby Jac » Sat May 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Goto Data\Meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom and delete the folder with your mod name in it (e.g. jac_morte.esp). Do the same thing in Data\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint and re-export the face. If that doesn't work, it's because your follower's information has been baked into your save. You can either start a new save, or follow these steps. Good luck and welcome to the forums. I hope you can get this fixed because I know how frustrating it is to have this pop up; Aela still has the wrong face in my game. :facepalm:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby MrBattleAxe » Sat May 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Well, i just so happen to notice that for some reason, i don't have any folder for the mod :frustrated: ! That might be the problem... Maybe re-do the mod or is there another way for the folder to appear?

Thank you! Neildarkstar showed me the forum :)
MrBattleAxe
Associate

Postby Jac » Sat May 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Try exporting the files again with your mod active. If that doesn't work, you might need to just redo the mod. Sorry I can't offer any more help. :shrug:
Jac
The Boss

Postby MrBattleAxe » Sun May 10, 2015 9:35 am

Well, never mind... It won't work, i just gave up :( another modder is helping me out with the mod, making the face gen and whats missing. But thanks for trying to help me and i'm sorry for bothering you :)

Edit: NEVERMIND! I was wrong about everything! It was something that i had enabled (CharGen face present) that was causing the problem... I want to kick myself in the face SO HARD right now!
MrBattleAxe
Associate

Postby Jac » Sun May 10, 2015 11:43 am

Ah. I'm glad you figured that out. I'll let Matt know about that setting so he can update his tutorial. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Return to Help Wanted