I still can't .nif

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

I still can't .nif

Postby Fenrir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 am

Okay, this time it's actually an interesting thing. I want to take the sleeves off an armor, but I imagine it is not as simple as deleting the arm bits in nifskope. So, anyone have any idea how one goes about making gear sleeveless?
I essentially wanna take the pauldrons and arm metal off of the T45D power armor mesh I use - My BoS paladin has just reached Zion, it seems ridiculous to stomp around in that armor throughout Zion, without SOME modifications for comfort.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: A Stray

Re: I still can't .nif

Postby Fenrir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:44 am

Ugh. Two and a half hours and I've made no progress. I've tried editing things in nifskope, using Blender, I can't get this thing to work right. I don't know how the hell any of you people do this, I sure as hell can't.
Don't suppose any of y'all have some free time and want to do this for me?
I somehow imagine this is much easier than I'm making it, and I'm just dumb. So if you feel like finishing the project that's just made me angry and tired, by all means, I'll send you the meshes I'm trying to put together.

I'd also settle for someone walking me through how to do this step by step, the one decent guide I found was being rather vague. Seems to have been made for people who know what the hell they're doing.

So if there's anyone who's done this before, made sleeveless armors that work with a body mod, and knows it well enough to explain to me how to do it, I'd seriously appreciate it.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Drakkmore » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:11 am

I do not do much Fallout mesh making, and I have very little experience with even Morrowind Armors, it all has to do with skeletons I would assume, Morrowind skeletons are different from Oblivion Skeletons, and I would assume that even with the similarities between Fallout Meshes, and Oblivion meshes that the skeletons between Fallout, and Oblivion are even more different. So what I'm saying is that I can not help you out there. What I would suggest is maybe looking around on any fallout modding forums maybe BSF fallout forums might have some people that could help you, and there are other Fallout 3/NV modding sites out there somewhere (I'm not certain where, but they have to exist). All I can really do is wish you the best of luck, and suggest that you pay particular attention to other armor mods meshes in both Nifskope, and blender to see how things are set up in relation to the skeletons.
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Fenrir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:38 am

I actually had an epiphany last night - It's possible I was doing things in the wrong order, so to speak. Previously, I was trying to copy over the arms from Ulysses' duster to the T45D armor, in order to get that sleeveless mesh - But it might be much more fruitful if I just copy over the legs and upper body from the T45D mesh onto Ulysses. I still need to figure out how to separate the pauldrons from the body, though.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Fenrir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:01 am

Actually found a guide that explains how to do things if you don't know how to do them. Goody.
If I ever do get this finished, I'll post a screenshot of said armor, and if anyone wants the files, I'll upload them on the temp. file forum if that's alright. It is dependent on another guy's armor meshes and made for a certain bodytype, so I dunno if anyone's interested.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Fenrir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:35 am

Okay... I was on the right track, but now Blender just crashes whenever I try to import a model. Did not need this first thing in the morning, I'm done. Any Fallout New Vegas modders on here who want to help a guy out? This nonsense is driving me insane.

EDIT - Decided to give it one last go. All I got out of that was a program telling me I needed a newer version of Pyffi, even though I had just downloaded the latest version, and a "close friend" of mine getting bitchy and judging me for using blender? I don't know why that's a bad thing, but alright.

So, yeah, my patience with this has just been stomped into dust. This is so not worth the effort or frustration. Thanks to maybe the one person who bothered to read this and attempt to help.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby fleet » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:35 pm

The only Blender modding I've done is with Sid Meier's Pirates. For getting rid of meshes in Blender, I've found the easiest way was to delete the nodes. Drakkmore knows more about using Blender than I do.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Fenrir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:53 pm

I can't even get Blender to use the files I want, let alone start editing with it.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby neildarkstar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:07 pm

I'm pretty certain that most if not all of us who are active here read this, Fenrir. It's not that we don't WANT to help, but most of us have nothing to offer in this particular instance. For myself, I was blind for years until I had surgery last year, but because of that I never learned to use Blender. I just couldn't see large chunks of the interface. Everything I've done is based on nifscope or simple retexturing as far as graphics are concerned. My best area is scripting, but not for Skyrim or FONV so much.

When I DO try to work with FONV meshes, things get strange quickly. Once, I decided I wanted to make Centurion armor that was a bit humorous, so I decided to attach one of those little hula girl dolls to the right pauldron. Not nearly as ambitious as trying to change sleeves on armor, eh? I spent maybe thirty hours all total, and while attaching the thing in nifscope took ten minutes, I never could get it to show up ingame. So now,while nobody at all knows this, Centurions throughout my game are wandering about with invisible hula girls on their shoulders... Kinda ironic for Legion types, eh? :biggrin:

What I'm saying is that we would love to help you, but we just don't know how. At this point you may know more about nifscope than most of us, and I'm sure you know more about Blender than I do. I don't know about the others. Matter of fact, I had been thinking of getting a link to that tutorial, if you don't mind... :blush: Maybe I could make my hula girls seen by the world, eh?
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Fenrir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:45 pm

The tutorial I found didn't help much, but here it is. And yeah, I know y'all care and want to help, I just get moody when something refuses to work.

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_armor_mashups_for_fallout
Fenrir
Defender

Next

Return to Help Wanted