Crazy Random Scripting Question

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

Crazy Random Scripting Question

Postby Lokichan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:51 pm

This seemed like the best place to put this as it has to do with a mod in progress, but I'm not currently asking for help atm.
If this is in the wrong spot then my bad XD I just thought it was the best place for it ^^

Anyone who knows me, knows I suck at scripts...So this is probably an impossible thing BUT I wanted to ask anyways just in case it was something that could be done.
Is it possible, to make a script to reference a character to a different body for a given race, when the race is set with another body.
For example: I have a few different tones of Dunmer skin textures from multiple authors, would it be possible to have a script running in a cell (or globally) so that Dunmer A has a body with the dark texture, and Dunmer B has another texture etc in order to create diverse Dunmer shades but without making multiple race files...because i don't want to do that it would screw up stuff >:(

IF it is possible then if anyone wants to give that a whirl I would give you credit and cookies, or pie...or cake...or cats..I have cats I can send you :-D
Lokichan
Associate

Re: Crazy Random Scripting Question

Postby Jac » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:38 am

The only way to change races on the fly is to create clothing/armor that has the new textures, Lokichan. You'd be better off just copying the Dunmer race and creating new ones with unique IDs. Sorry.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: Crazy Random Scripting Question

Postby Lokichan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:44 am

Is ok, I figured it was a pipe dream :crying:
And I certainly don't want to change the race of multiple npcs just to have other skin colors since...like that would screw with a billion mods...
But thank you very much for answering my question Jac.
I figured if anyone would know, it would be one of you super-modders :)
Lokichan
Associate

Return to Help Wanted