I Need some help with blender.

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

I Need some help with blender.

Postby Donkey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 am

Right now i am rigging a new skeleton to use grolfs universal skeleton, but there is so many crap added to this skeleton, that it is a rigging nightmare, i can't even add new bones within blender because the menu that allows you to select what it will child off don't show all available skeleton bones, due to too many bones where added. I take it this skeleton is not really made for blender 2.49b but more like 3dmax ???

nvm above question, i just used brute force, deleting all unneccary bones on my rigged skeleton, and keeping original in tact.
Can anyone exlain why did they create so many bones drake, 8 tails, full wings, what npc needs all this junk ???

My rig only needed, breast bone butt bone, and regular skeleton bones. But the above what are they used for ???
Retired modder and enjoying it. :D
Donkey
Journeyman

Re: I Need some help with blender.

Postby Symon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:43 pm

I agree completely! Most of the 'max compatibility' skeletons are full of junk! I honestly have never seen a nine-tailed kitsune to need the nine tails we have forced on us!

Nine tails but no genital bones for males, which animations could make use of. (I know there are skeletons out there with such, but they too all intents and purposes aren't supported.

I've already been contemplating producing my own 'minimal compatible' skeleton. No extra tails, no ponytails for hair and just one set of wings.
So I say, go for it. I've never seen a mesh or keyframe need all that junk. I don't think those skeletons were 3DSMax specific either. I'm told they are as much a pain there too.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.
Symon
Journeyman

Title: Wirrn

Re: I Need some help with blender.

Postby Donkey » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Yep, They should have kept the skeleton simple like fallout game. It took me less then 2 hours to fully rig a fallout 3 skeleton. I had spend most of the day just navigating Grolf universal skeleton. Then after i started to clean left over junk, this skeleton is much better organized.

Grolf skeleton seem to have hip bones but i have not seen any mesh who utilizes every bone in grolfs skeleton. They even seem to have something called scorpion something, but i never encountered anything resembling a scorpion in oblivion.
Retired modder and enjoying it. :D
Donkey
Journeyman

Return to Help Wanted