Query About This Stuff

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

Query About This Stuff

Postby Kagz » Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 am

Ok so i realise that someone has probably done this before,
but i cant find anything as yet.
So does anyone know of a mod or mods, that do this kind of stuff.?
Probably loads about, but being away from the scene for so long,
i have missed so much of what has been done, over the years.

Had to strip the babe to show the stuff right,
as the armour was detracting from the pic.
Shes not showing anything anyway, as the bits are coverd with tatts.

MGE Screenshot 8.jpg

MGE Screenshot 9.jpg

MGE Screenshot 10.jpg

MGE Screenshot 11.jpg

MGE Screenshot 12.jpg

MGE Screenshot 13.jpg

:drunk:
Kagz
Protector

Re: Query About This Stuff

Postby neildarkstar » Tue May 29, 2012 7:19 am

Now that's weird... I did something almost exactly like that to an orcess... with one huge difference. I can't do UV mapping, and so my roses were all stretched and untidy looking... well, not exciting anyway. What's weird is the placement of roses and vines are almost identical. I didn't make a mod though, I was just screwing around, and without getting rid of the stretches it wasn't worth doing. This isn't the same orcess, it isn't quite so bad and flames replaced some of the roses.

Her arms are raised, but there are roses on the forearms as well.

I ended up regretting doing it a bit as my daughter decided she wanted to get the groin area tattoo on herself.

Tatted Orcess Witch.jpg
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Kagz » Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 am

I meant the weapons Neil lol. :biggrin:
Not the skin ffs, hehehe

Yes i made that skin years ago, with help from ....
(ffs thats bad cant remember the guys name now, been so long :facepalm: )
Anyhow it was a nightmare lol to do.
I did most of it, but had to get help with some nasty bits. :biggrin:

Anyhow to get back to the topic, do you know of a mod that
puts the weapons on the back like that ?
If so, say, because i want to check it out,
but i cant find anything yet. :meshoot:

Kagz
Protector

Postby neildarkstar » Tue May 29, 2012 10:06 am

Weapons!?! There were weapons in those pics? :D

Well, no, the only thing even close that I know of is the mod that puts arrow quivers on the back. DARoot would likely know of any such mod.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Kagz » Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 am

neildarkstar wrote:Weapons!?! There were weapons in those pics? :D

Well, no, the only thing even close that I know of is the mod that puts arrow quivers on the back. DARoot would likely know of any such mod.

:whispering: Yes the weapons. :lol: :biggrin:

Kagz
Protector

Postby Kiteflyer61 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Sandman101 was working on an OB style sheathing mod a long while back. It looked very promising, but he disappeared before finishing it. Hopefully he'll return soon. :D

KF
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kiteflyer61
Protector

Title: Hired Gun

Postby DARoot » Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 am

Weapon Sheaths Ultimate, by PeterNL, does this for every vanilla Morrowind weapon, and might be helpful to you.
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=4685

Plus, there are many, many "independent" mods that have individual sheathing weapons [including one I've been working on -- but I can't get the help I need with the "bodypart" meshes] so, Kagz, if YOU are now developing an interest in sheathing weapons (on the back, on the hip, etc.) , let's talk further, shall we?

Basically, you need a version of the weapon mesh that can be set up as a body part (clavicle or neck, usually, for "on the back," or groin or left upper leg for "on the hip" sheathing. For swords and daggers, it's generally best to have three meshes derived from the original weapon -- the weapon itself (Weapon Object), the "Sheathed Weapon" [a bodypart, that can be attached to a pauldron, or an invisible left/right glove (Armor or Clothing Object)], and an "empty scabbard" version [same as the "sheathed" mesh, but with the hilt portion removed, and set as the same kind of bodypart/armor/clothing].

For axes and polearms on the back (like in your images) you only nead the "sheathed" mesh version (no empty scabbard necessary).

You then use scripting to swap the "sheathed" versions in and out of inventory.
Works like this --
download/file.php?id=1587&mode=view

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=853&start=50
DARoot
DARoot

Postby Kagz » Wed May 30, 2012 9:42 am

Ok thanks, it would appear to have been done to death already.
Thats mainly what i was trying to find out.
Not how to do it, as i know that already.

I was going to do it by adding a neck to the weps and using the neck slot.
That wouldnt work , so abandoned that.
So just joined them to a pauldron,but that means i have to use the same pauldron for every wep.
Otherwise i would have to chop up various pauldrons, in Max to get rid of the upper arm part,
as you lose the physiquing when importing to Max and i cant do that stuff.
That means that the upper arm part if left, would look crap ingame as it wouldnt move,
with the arm.

So like all the weps i have done lately,
this project has been done before also.
Going to stop doing weps now and move on to other stuff.

Kagz
Protector

Postby DARoot » Thu May 31, 2012 10:08 am

Hey, Kagz
I dunno about the intricacies of mesh-editing, (as you do), but I do know about what I can observe in-game, with the mods I have installed.
1) Once a weapon mesh has been edited/set up as a "bodypart" mesh, (however the original Mod Author did it), it can SOMETIMES be re-edited (or merely used differently in the Construction Set) to give different results.
Example -- I have a mod [by Cethegus] that places a crossbow on the back (sheathed). It uses the Right Pauldron (Armor) slot, and displays, when viewed from the back (3rd person view), slanted right (front and bow portion) downwards to left (butt end).
I've been able to successfully edit it to use:
-- The right clavicle (BP) slot, but a Right Glove (clothing) Object ID (appears on back slanted right (upper)-to-left (lower), rear view);
-- The left clavicle (BP) slot, but a Left Glove (clothing) Object ID (appears on back slanted left (upper)-to-right (lower), rear view --thus allowing it to be used with some other item, such as a quiver or other "sheathed" weapon, that displayes as a right-to-left (rear view) item. Your screenshots show two weapons "crossed" on the back, so this is apparently the effect you are looking for.
Of course, keeping the Objects as "Armor" Objects also works.

2) Meshes originally set-up as "Neck" BPs can often be turned into "clavicle" BPs (and even "Groin" or "Left Upper Leg" BPs), with good results [NOT in 3DxMax or Blender -- just manipulating them in the Construction Set].
Some modders (Phijama, for example) include special extra BB "neck" meshes with their sheathed weapons, so this does NOT work with those...

3) Programs such as NifScope and NiFor can be used to internally change (permanently) WHICH BP the mesh itself actually applies to [assuming you can edit it -- NiFor is an old program, and some meshes -- especially those converted from Oblivion -- won't even open in NiFor for editing...Something about the "Header" section....]

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that the subject of "sheathing weapons" is quite a fascinating area of study, in case your interest picks up again in this area in future.
And if not, perhaps the information above will be useful to other "casual readers" of this thread.

DARoot
DARoot

Postby Dana Nova Darko » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:41 pm

No more wip weps? :( I weep.

sorry.
Dana Nova Darko
Journeyman

Title: The Architect

Next

Return to Help Wanted