Open Scripting Discussion [Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim]

If you need help for projects, mods, or development, post it here. No adult content, please.

Re: Open Scripting Discussion [Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyr

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:05 am

I was wondering... If we use nifskope to change scale to... let's say 0,25, then use Symon's suggestion of using the"real" item to set collision scale, add the item in the CS, then the CS will see the item's scale of 0.25 as 1? I've tried something similar, but the CS always seemed to ignore the scale change made in nifskope. I could have done it wrong, of course.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby DARoot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:10 am

Hooray for Abot!
One of the "Master" Morrowind modders and scripters has discovered this dumb little thread, and posted something to help ALL of us!
Thank You!
[And I, for one, look forward to your response to Neildarkstar's question above ...]
:biggrin:
DARoot
DARoot

Postby abot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:26 pm

neildarkstar wrote:I was wondering... If we use nifskope to change scale to... let's say 0,25, then use Symon's suggestion of using the"real" item to set collision scale, add the item in the CS, then the CS will see the item's scale of 0.25 as 1? I've tried something similar, but the CS always seemed to ignore the scale change made in nifskope. I could have done it wrong, of course.
Changes to root node are reserved to/overwritten by Morrowind engine when you set the scale in the CS/by script. So if you want to resize a object in NIFSkope, you have to insert a parent node that will become the new root reserved for Morrowind.
in NIFSkope you can right click the original root node and choose Node\Attach Parent Node\NiNode.
If you add this new parent node, and you have also a RootCollisionNode/Bound Box in your mesh, it should probably be better to move (cut/paste branch) the RootCollisionNode/Bound Box up one level (at least, it seems to work better this way for me with trees)
abot
Associate

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 pm

That's really helpful, and explains a lot! Thanks a bunch! :)
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby DARoot » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Can't say I'm all that thrilled about "..changes to root node..." though...
:biggrin:
DARoot
DARoot

Previous

Return to Help Wanted