Fresh Start: Gimme Mods

Skyrim and Skyrim mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Fresh Start: Gimme Mods

Postby Fenrir » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:11 pm

Got a new laptop finally. Old computer is pretty much dead so I can't get much from it unless I really need to. Had to make a new NexusMods account as well.
So, it goes without saying I've lost all my mods, and I haven't played PC Skyrim in a loooong time.
With that, I request that whoever's interested recommend Mods that I need/should have. Getting SkyUI and the usual alternate start, but remind me of the basics if you don't mind. I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch.
Thanks for your time.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: Stray Dog

Re: Fresh Start: Gimme Mods

Postby Adul » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:40 pm

I've looked through my old Skyrim folder, and almost all of the mods I've found are armor or character options and cosmetic stuff. Guess I've never felt the need to mod Skyrim too much. So I don't have much advice, other than make sure you grab a mod that protects NPCs from vampire attacks in some manner, unless you like dumb NPCs rushing into vampire mobs and dying immediately.
Adul
Warden

Postby Fenrir » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh, can't believe I forgot Matter of Time, thank you! Immersive Citizens sounds interesting as well.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Jac » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 pm

I like IC because it gives every non-working NPC a schedule so they're not just standing around all the time. For example: Isulda, the innkeeper in Whiterun, will visit the market during the day. It also handles vampire and dragon attacks by making non-warrior NPCs run away to safety.

Let me know what specific areas you want to change and I'll see what I can find. Unlike Adul I mod the hell out of every Beth game.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Fenrir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:38 pm

Oh, so that's why I couldn't get a room.
Anything to make combat more interesting? I'm going with a one handed Rogue for the moment, so lots of hack+slash going on.
Fenrir
Defender

Return to Skyrim