Should I buy this computer?

Does this game work with Vista, Windows 7, Mac, or Linux? Is there a way to tweak better performance? Technical issues only, please stay on topic.

Re: Should I buy this computer?

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:40 am

You have all been so nice by offering me all this advice so I'll repay you with one final question :mockery: hehehe... which one of the two is the better pc for gaming?
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:36 am

I'm inclined to say the first one. I don't really say that with any degree of certainty though. I believe you'll find the CPU of the first to be faster, and it has a video card instead of a chipset. The difference is that the vid card has its own RAM, vs the chipset using dedicated system ram. Usually a chipset gets about a gig of RAM dedicated to it, but that can vary so you would have to find out for sure. There are a lot of other factors involved as well that might skew the estimation of the poor casual observer such as myself.

The AMD E-450 is a somewhat lower end dual core processor with a lower speed overall, but... it is powerful and it uses 18 watts of power (compare that to Intel's similar chips which use 6.5 watts). I've had to lower my expectations of the performance of this computer though, and you may not be as pleased as I initially thought.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:09 am

Well it is exactly what I thought neil. I will be able to install and play MW on the notebook but I may not be able to use all the fancy visual graphic mods. I'm ok with that. My plan is to sell the Acer around xmas and get a new gaming pc then or at least have started purchasing parts for a new build.
PiNK PiPER

Postby Jac » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:34 am

If you're not going to be using MGE or MGE XE, then you shouldn't need DirectX 9.0c. Still, installing it won't conflict with DirectX 11, which comes with Windows 7. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Previous

Return to Game Issues