Nexus Mod Manager

From applications to utilities and bugs to viruses, we'll try to help all we can.

Nexus Mod Manager

Postby Fenrir » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:53 pm

Now, I know what you're thinking, why ask this here?

Well, as I'm sure most of you know, I've had absolutely horrid experiences with the Nexus, its forum, its community. So I'm hoping someone here can help me with this, before I have to go there.

I'm assuming a lot of you use the mod manager for Bethesda games. Well, for some reason, it's stopped working.
Or, rather, it stops working as soon as it's turned on.

The mod manager will install a mod, the ESP will show up in the load order, but when I start a game, it is no longer working. No sign of the mod existing.
Manually installing the mod works just fine, but obviously I'd like to get this accursed manager fixed. As much as the Nexus and I do not get along, it is very, very convenient.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: Stray Dog

Re: Nexus Mod Manager

Postby Dlichnum » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:14 am

Have you thought about simply switching back to manual installation?
Dlichnum
Journeyman

Postby Fenrir » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:21 am

That is what I've been doing since this started, but as I said above, NMM is drastically more efficient.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby neildarkstar » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:16 am

I've noticed in the past that NMM will install a mod, but even if you select the mod to be activated inside NMM, and it shows as selected and activated, it's often not. the solution that works for me is to have NMM install the mod, then when I open the game, I check to see what data files are actually selected and activated there.... If it's not, I just check in the games window, and that way I dont have to worry about installing it manually if i don't want to. I'm not sure what I just said really makes sense, but if you as I can try to explain further, eh? :biggrin:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Dlichnum » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:29 am

Well, if you're working with Skyrim, and SKYRIM ONLY you might want to give that new manager a try, Mod Organizer or whatever it's called.

Unfortunately, it was made for Skyrim so it does not work well at all for any of the earlier games (fallout, oblivion, morrowind), despite people trying their hardest to get it to do so. But if you're playing Skyrim, I've heard enough recommendations of it working well with that game I feel somewhat comfortable passing them on to you. As for the other games, eh. I wouldn't try it, personally.
Dlichnum
Journeyman

Postby Fenrir » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:47 am

For FO3/NV I have another program, and the same for oblivion. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
Fenrir
Defender

Return to Software