Low budget gaming PC...HELP!

From fans to video cards, we'll try to help out all we can.

Low budget gaming PC...HELP!

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Hey, guys, sorry, I've been a stranger lately.

So I'm trying to breathe some life into my brother's pc, and the issue is that I'm on a budget.

So the rest of the things are planned. My budget is around 20,000 max, will replace mobo, ram, cpu and gpu

Graphics card: Inno3D NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2 GB DDR5 and I want to know whether I should go for it or not. Costs aound 5557
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC (F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL) costs around 2970 and I think I should go for two, since the GPU will be kinda shit, more
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-H81M-GAMING 3 Motherboard costs around 4425
Processor: Now this leaves me in deep shit, I want something that can handle modern games while not tearing a massive hole in my pocket. 4 cores...and I noticed that AMD processors are cheap, but Intel vs AMD what gives?
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Re: Low budget gaming PC...HELP!

Postby Adul » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi Shadow, it's good to see you. :wave:

I personally don't know much about the Intel vs AMD battle or CPUs in general, but everybody I know keeps telling me AMD has lost the battle and Intel is the way to go (AMD = cheap; Intel = best value?), so I usually default to that position myself. That said, I could be completely wrong, because as I said I don't know much about it.

And I would also go for 16 GB RAM. 8 GB has become rather skimpy, lately.
Adul
Warden

Postby Jac » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Unfortunately, AMD is not as powerful as Intel currently. They're working on it and I wish them luck, but I would go with Intel for now.

I use an Intel i5-4690k overclocked to 4.2Ghz, but I have a large fan on it as well. I don't know what the prices are there in India, but I recommend that chip or any of the i5s because the i3s are too weak and the i7s cost quite a bit. Also, I'd change the GPU out to an nVidia 960 ti if you can get it. Whatever CPU you decide to get make sure your MB will handle it first, otherwise you'll be in a world of frustration when you find out it won't fit.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby fleet » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:59 pm

One additional thought (please accept my apologies if you already thought of this): if you go for a high end graphics card, make sure the power supply can handle it.
Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:13 am

Power isn't much of a problem, since it's my brother's PC, and he can handle the lack of eye candy. I just looked up an i5 and it blows my budget sky high. 960ti...that's another twenty thousand. PSU, yeah, no shit, I'll have to think that one out, thanks fleet.

Jac, I personally have a i7 4790k overclocked to 4.4 ghz, with a 980ti it blows all of the games out of the water, but since this comes out of my pocket, it means I can't afford those...and i also have to pay a hefty Bike EMI this month.

AMD is super cheap. So I can get good configs, yeah, I don't think they'll be able to handle Intel levels but I also have to go for an AMD mobo, so I dunno. I'll have to think that one out.

I want my brother to get to play the Witcher 3 and AC:Syndicate it's his birthday coming up so I thought it'd be a good idea.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Postby fable2 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:05 pm

RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC (F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL) costs around 2970 and I think I should go for two, since the GPU will be kinda shit, more

Definitely two. You can make up for a lot (well, some) with more RAM. And I see no end to the need for more RAM in sight.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:54 pm

Right now the amount of RAM is limited to the number of slots in the motherboard. Since it is a cheap MoBo, the slots are limited to two :lol:
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Return to Hardware