Freelancing in Vvardenfell (RP thread)

Let the games begin! Adult content. All Forum Rules apply.

Re: Freelancing in Vvardenfell (RP thread)

Postby Spirited Treasure » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks -s-

Miara Aderi Fyr
Dunmer -Ranger

I woke up with a pounding head. Looking around the yurt I had been sleeping in, my face mashed against the side of the Guar skin yurt. I grumbled and reached for my skin of water. Never far away from me. I took a long drink and swished it around in my mouth.. My cheeks bulging , I pushed up and pushed the cork back into the skin. I pushed out of the yurt flap and spat the water on the ground. Making my way around back to do what everyone must do when they wake up.

When I was clean-ish .. From my sponge bath and my mouth was clean , I took out a bit of scrib jerky and began to chew on it. Shouldering my pack.. Remembering now where I was.. Just outside of Ald Velothi, I'd saved the woman from her captors and then squatted in their yurt overnight. They would not need it where they were now. I took note of it and walked towards the dock I knew held a boat. I would pay for transportation to Vivec.

First though some food from the trader here.
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Postby Jac » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:09 pm

neildarkstar wrote:"Okay, Wolfie. whenever you're ready, just say the word. I can take point until Set rejoins us." Badass stepped a few feet up the canyon checking for a path. At least the canyon was narrow enough that there were only two directions of travel - Back to Seyda Neen or on to wherever.

Wolfie nodded at Badass and laid his head on the cave wall. "Give me a few minutes and I should be ready to go; one never does get used to major wounds." He closed his eyes for a few moments before stretching. He grimaced as he got his feet underneath him and rose unsteadily. "I hope that never happens to me again" he muttered. He braced a hand against the cave wall before looking at Badass. "I'm ready, let's go."
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Spirited Treasure » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:03 am

Placing my hand on the doorknob of the small trading house in this little village, I turned it and pushed in. People stood around, some sitting, sipping firebrew and eating scrambled Kwama eggs with fried ash yam bread.. The smell was enticing and I paid for a plate and mug of my own.. Sitting cross legged on the rough dirt floor.. My mind was focused on breakfast only.. The murmur of the crowd around and the clink of eating prongs against redware plates was soothing in its way.

When I had done I handed my cleaned plate and utensil to the serving girl. Perusing then the items on offer by the trader. I chose a dark robe and hood, some dark gloves . A couple of raw ash yams and kwama eggs went into my pack, as well as a carefully wrapped fresh loaf of bread. This would be my meal for later, as well as Hound meat.. I paid and made my way out.

The day was bright but the ash storms could come without warning. Traveling through Vivec and the Ascadian Isles I would not likely encounter one. I had a long strip of fabric to shield my face with under the hood if I did encounter one.

I paid the shipmaster for ferry to Vivec and settled in with a flask of the fresh hot firebrew . I sighed softly.. It was a beautiful day today.

Spirited Treasure
Defender

Postby Spirited Treasure » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:38 am

My eyes had closed with the peaceful rocking of the boat.. I was beginning to fall asleep when the ship master called gently for me to wake up. We had arrived... I scrubbed my face and blushed.. He chuckled and I stood up and shouldered my pack.. I thanked him and walked off the plank he had put down.. Others were already lining up for trips back to Ald Velothi.. I walked past them and glanced to the grand Canton of the Foreign Quarter of Vivec..

I'd hated this city when I first came here.. So very large and hard to find my way around in. Turning to walk up the stairs from the boat dock towards the road and down it.. Heading away from Vivec.. This area was ripe for collecting alchemical ingredients.. Too I could find a high perch and snipe at some Nix Hound to find meat for my meal.

My lips curved to smile. This was the most beautiful part of the Island I thought. Leaves falling from the trees , gently to the ground as I walked along.. Keeping my eyes opened for anything I might find useful for potion making..

Spirited Treasure
Defender

Postby Spirited Treasure » Wed May 01, 2013 4:15 pm

((No one?))

Spirited Treasure
Defender

Postby fable2 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Well, I'm enjoying it. :) My characters also tend to be alchemy merchants, so the opinions of yours meets with approval.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Jac » Wed May 01, 2013 6:50 pm

fable2 wrote:Well, I'm enjoying it. :) My characters also tend to be alchemy merchants, so the opinions of yours meets with approval.

I think ST was asking why no one was joining in, Fable. :club:

I'm taking a break, ST, but I'll be coming back to this soon.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Spirited Treasure » Thu May 02, 2013 8:44 am

Ok, well thanks for letting me know. Thanks fable -s-

Spirited Treasure
Defender

Postby fable2 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Jac wrote:
fable2 wrote:Well, I'm enjoying it. :) My characters also tend to be alchemy merchants, so the opinions of yours meets with approval.

I think ST was asking why no one was joining in, Fable. :club:

Duh. :unsure: I haven't the time, or I would. Sorry!
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Spirited Treasure » Sat May 04, 2013 8:30 am

The day was nice.. I walked along with my short-sword at my side. Not for the plants I would collect. But for the animals that would attack me.
All along this path were many plants.. Most could be used for potions of various kinds.. Others I could sell to Alchemists who would make use of them.
I had my mortar and pestle with me nearly all the time... I glanced up and smiled at a particularly pretty grouping of plants, heading towards it I took a small curved blade from my belt. Kneeling there I tenderly used it to cut the plant only for the useful bits and in a way that would encourage it to grow even more stalks. It would be lush and full when it grew back..

When I had a stack of them I put them carefully in my herb satchel.. There I had places to lay them in so that they would remain undamaged and not be crushed by my weight as I carried them .. This went back inside my pack at the back.. Above the other things I had in there.. I folded my legs and took out my water skin.. Taking a long drink and contemplating having a proper bath in this river.. The more I thought about it, the more it appealed..

((It's ok.. Life happens -s-))

Spirited Treasure
Defender

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing