Freelancing in Vvardenfell (RP thread)

Let the games begin! Adult content. All Forum Rules apply.

Freelancing in Vvardenfell (RP thread)

Postby Jac » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:38 am

Guidelines for this thread: Please try to keep in character for the sake of immersion and if necessary make up lore-appropriate curse words in place of modern slang.

The two Nordic warriors, Elaura and Wolfie, are making their journey to Fort Buckmoth through the swamps near Hla Oad.
Wolfie looked down at the dead Imperial laying just outside of Seyda Neen. "Great. Should we report this to the guards or continue on? We're on a time limit, aren't we?" He signed and looked around to see if anyone, especially one of the few guards that patrolled the town, was looking their way.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: Freelancing in Vvardenfell (RP thread)

Postby Elaura » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 am

Elaura looks at her new companion incredulously, "I just got off a prison ship. What do you think those fools will think if they see me anywhere near that corpse? I have no schedule except to get out of this swamp as soon as possible and without finding myself alone in a cell with any more of those Imperials." She spat as if the word Imperial brought up some of her last meal aboard the ship, but did not elaborate. "You know I do not know my way in these wretchedly hot lands, so I will not leave you whatever you choose to do about this, but you must ask yourself how much these locals truly trust you, as well."
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Jac » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 am

Wolfie stared at Elaura for a few moments before throwing up his hands. "Fine," he said, "we'll drag his body onto the rocks somewhere and leave him. Grab your gear and let's go then. The sooner we get out of this swamp the better."
Jac
The Boss

Postby Elaura » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:10 am

"Do not blame me if you find your friendships with Imperials to be rather thin," Elaura muttered as she slung her pack over her shoulder and grabbed the dead man's legs. "At least he has not been here long enough for his skin to come off in our hands." Elaura couldn't help slipping her hands into the man's pockets. In them she found gold and a small scroll, which she shoved into her pack when the other Nord was bent over the deadman's head. Once a thief, always a thief, her mentor chided her from the other side of the bars of the prison. Elaura was now certain that woman had had something to do with her capture; the Altmer told her the moment they met that only animals bite the hand that feeds and animals belong in cages. "Just because one is accurate does not make one right," Elaura continued her muttering and trailed off as they completed their grisly task.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Dlichnum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:19 am

The tall Khajiit weaved his way through Seyda Neen, grumbling to himself. His fur was like that of a lion, with long red hair and red slitted eyes, showing his half breed status. He found it almost ironic that he had been sent to Morrowind, the land of his mother-father. He stretched his arms as he made his way out to the swamp, stopping to stare at two Nords. Switching his tail he knelt down and decided to follow the pair, his cat's curiosity as usual winning over any fear he would have had.
Dlichnum
Journeyman

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 am

Badas Vandal shook his head and crawled out from under the Bosmer who had, with a high scream, fallen on him from the sky. As he slowly gained his feet, he noticed the Bosmer was richly dressed in robes befitting a mage of some degree, and Badas thought wryly that it wasn't enough that it rained Bosmer in this starnge land, but also mages.

He knelt down and examined the body, coming away with 17 gold,three scrolls,the robe which had survived with remarkably litte blood on it, and an extravagant pair of shoes. Best of all was the iron sparksword the Bosmer had worn under his robes... looking about, he spotted a book, and after reading a page or two, dropped it into his pack.

The Dark Elf stroked his neatly trimmed goatee as he pondered his next move, then grabbed the naked body and tossed it into a nearby arm of the swamp that dotted the area. As the corpse sank beneath the thick swamp scum, Badas thought about how odd it was that fortune smiled as the result of something so ludicrous as a rain of wood elves...
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:23 am

"You remind me of Ja...a Redguard I used to know, Elaura, though her reasons for being here were likely different from your own," Wolfie said as the two of them went about their task. After it was done, he looked around one more time, watching briefly as a Bosmer dressed in what looked to be a rich robe and ridiculous hat fell from the sky and onto the trail some yards east of them. He shook his head and turned west towards the coast, making his way through the swamp in stony silence.
Jac
The Boss

Postby DARoot » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 am

Rosicus, the Redneck Halfling thief, was walking along the road between Pelegiad and Seyda Neen, when he espied a rather dejected-looking Redguard sitting by the side of the road, with his head in his hands.
Quickly assessing that this mark looked too poor to offer any worthwhile valuables, with tatty-looking armor and clothing, he planned to pass on. But, something about the Redguard intrigued him, so he stopped to talk.
"Waal, Howdy, Stranger! Why so glum?" he asked.
"My long-time companion, Jasmine, has left me. She has decided to re-unite with her previous companion. I was starting to feel very strongly about her, but now, I am devastated! I just can't get interested in adventuring anymore!" the Redguard responded.
"Aww, heck, Pilgrim! I un'erstand. But, tha's no reason t' simply stop an' give up! You got's yer own life t' live, and t' enjoy. Yes, it hurts, but only for a little while. You'll find someone else, eventually. And in the meantime, why not have fun, and look for opportunities to profit?" says Rosicus.
"I just can't," he replied.
"Oh, sure y'can!. Here, now, you come wit' me, an' we'll find us some nice gold, an' wimmins, an' adventure, Eh?" says Rosicus.
"Well....All right." replied the Redguard.
"Good, good!. So, what's yer name, Eh? Mine's "Rosicus" an' I'm a Master Thief, iffin I do say so meself, and a Master of Disguises. What are you good at?" asks Rosicus.
"Salutations, Rosicus! I am known as Percodan. I am primarily trained as a warrior, as are most of my folk, but I have dabbled a bit in the magical arts. However, at the moment I am sadly lacking in both decent warrior gear and magical equipment," replied the Redguard.
"Hah! No Matter!" replied Rosicus. "We shall, together, manage to borrow, steal, or purchase whatever you need. I have heard of a certain Dunmer in Ald-Ruhn who is willing to purchase rat meat for a considerable sum. Since rats are easy pickings, we should be able to augment our gold supply fairly quickly."
"But, isn't Ald-Ruhn very far away?" asks Percodan.
"Not a problem! They's a silt strider jus' up ahead in Seyda Neen. We'll be there in no time! Follow me!" says Rosicus.
Last edited by DARoot on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DARoot

Postby Dlichnum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:35 am

The khajiit, Set, noticed the wood elf falling, and wondered if he should go examine the body. It might have had valuables. Standing he strode towards it, stopping when he saw the Dunmer. "It seems I was too late." He muttered, noticeably not speaking like other Khajiiti. He looked down at the Dunmer and narrowed his eyes as he watched his rid of the body. Ears flicked back he said, "Greetings, sera."
Dlichnum
Journeyman

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:48 am

Badas quickly looked the Khajiit over in a calculating fashion, then smiled. "May you walk in warm sands, Khajiit." He glanced towards the West where he had seen tow other individuals a few moments previously, and continued. "This seems to be a popular route today."

He took a bit of scrib jerky from his puoch, pulled off a small hunk, and offered some to the Khajiit. "I don't know about you, but I haven't had breakfast yet, and it seems things may get interesting. It's easier to face interesting times when not hungry, don't you think..."
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Next

Return to Role Playing