TTW Back to Mojave

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas game and mod discussions. No adult content, please.

TTW Back to Mojave

Postby Fenrir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Anyone of you use Tale of Two Wastelands on the most recent version, and can you tell me how to get back to the Mojave? The TTW site seems to be down so I can't check, hopefully one of you remembers.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: A Stray

Re: TTW Back to Mojave

Postby neildarkstar » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Sorry, I've never used that, so I have no idea.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Fenrir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I think I found it, but it's a very large building with no sign of an actual train. It seems to be the proper building but I have no idea where the actual train is. This mod was really, really cool until this part, and I don't know who the hell decided this was a good idea but they need to be hung via their intestines, this is the absolute worst experience I've had with a mod.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Drakkmore » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:42 am

You have to make your way through a terminal type place very fancy before the war with restaurants, and stuff, the actual train is underground. That is unless they changed it for yet a third time since the last time I DLed. You have to do some miniquest type things to clear the way to the train to the Mojave though. Once you get there though you'll begin the NV MQ story arch from the Dr's though you won't have to go through the character creation, and it is some years later. Head wounds might cause amnesia, and time loss. All of your companions will be with you, and you'll have all your FO:3 gear that you've collected on the way.

EDIT: the train back to DC is just north of Vegas.
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Fenrir » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:17 pm

Yeah, I found it eventually. This mod has a tendency to use doors that don't look like they should be usable, it was one of those.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Drakkmore » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:25 pm

I knind of like those doors you wouldn't think could be used. I'm one of those guys that tries every door I see, and even if I can not open the door right away often I go mess around with stuff and come back later and see if things I messed with might have unlocked a door some where. You know like restored the power generator to minimal functioning state, maybe that door that was sealed upstairs will open now.
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Fenrir » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:41 pm

I mean it looks like a door that wouldn't be useable in a Fallout game. Boarded up, broken glass, black space behind it. Placeholder doors.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Drakkmore » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:11 am

I try those too.
Really when I say I try every door, I mean EVERY door.
Drakkmore
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Fenrir » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:27 am

Fair enough. I'm just frustrated that it needs to be some big ordeal of finding the train in a station in a tunnel that shouldn't even be accessible.
Fenrir
Defender

Return to Fallout Series