Fallout 4

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas game and mod discussions. No adult content, please.

Re: Fallout 4

Postby neildarkstar » Fri May 13, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm planning a new foray into FO4 after the DLC is released ("Far Harbor" is that what it's called?) and I'll be sure to give some of those mods a try Adul! Better Settlers and Craftable armor in particular.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Adul » Fri May 13, 2016 5:43 pm

They're excellent mods, Neil. I too am curious about Far Harbor (or whatever it's called). I've heard it's their largest landmass DLC for any game, yet. Sounds promising.

Also, I've just recently found out (the hard way) that if you get stuck in Survival mode, there is no way to unstick yourself, because in their boundless wisdom Bethesda disabled the console in Survival mode! :frustrated: Has any of these guys who make these decisions ever played their own games? They're borderline unplayable without the console!

So, with that knowledge in mind, let me add another mod to my recommendations: Survival Mode Console.
Adul
Warden

Postby neildarkstar » Fri May 13, 2016 7:22 pm

I appreciate that addition Adul! While some people think the console is just for cheating, it really is necessary in a lot of circumstances. Now, if I can just save my game in survival with 10 seconds notice, I'd have it made.
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:20 pm

Can't you use the Console to save, Neil?

There's a command I think. Its Save (savename)

remove the brackets.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Postby Adul » Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 pm

I think that should work. There's also a mod for it: Survival Quick Save
Adul
Warden

Postby neildarkstar » Fri May 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Great! I was hoping somebody would mod it in. It's rough when you work 24/7 and have to repsond instantly anytime day or night. No time to go find a bed, eh? :D
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Yep. That mod should work.

Thanks for sharing it Adul.

I'll be playing Survival till Far harbour comes out.

And I'm thinking about making an armoury in Sanctuary hills to store all my spare guns and truckloads of ammunition.

And I think I want to have exclusive rights to said armoury. So, no settlers or followers in there.

I use my followers as gun mules and carry truckloads of ammo all the time.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Postby Adul » Sat May 14, 2016 2:28 pm

One strategy I found useful is to have a moving base: pick a frontier workshop, build up whatever facilities you need there, and then proceed to clear out and loot every nearby hostile location. Then, when you're done, pick a new frontier workshop and repeat.

I also have a "big base" that I keep lugging my loot back to every once in a while. I picked the Taffington Boathouse, because it's in a nice central location on the world map. It's also worth maxing out the Strong Back perk as soon as possible, because otherwise you'll take a lot of time and effort hauling your loot over long distances.

I'm about 80 hours in, by the way, and I've gone though about 50% of the world map, maybe even less. While it's gotten considerably easier since level 1, it's no cake walk by any means. In fact, I've developed a horrid visceral reaction to hearing the whiz of a mini nuke, as it usually means I'm about to lose about 40 minutes of progress.
Adul
Warden

Postby Fenrir » Thu May 19, 2016 12:35 am

I went and set up a Settlement at the Starlight Drive in. Plenty of food, water, and security. All of the possible shops (even an indoor bar). I'm rather proud of it. Although I'm very indecisive about my personal player home. I typically switch between the initial truck stop, spectacle island, and that Lighthouse on the eastern coastline. I'm hoping Far Harbor will have some nice potential settlements. Might post screenshots of my Starlight Settlement, also.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: A Stray

Postby neildarkstar » Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm

I was amazed last night! I;d been to a site or two looking for release info on "Far Harbor", and discovered that although Steam claimed the release for May 18, it was actually set for midnight of the 19th. Then according to these sites, there was supposed to be a rigamarole I would need to go through to download it and install it even though I have the season pass...

So, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened FO4 at 10:30 last night and discovered Far Harbor was already downloaded and installed. It's really very cool when you are expecting a tedious hassle, and get no hassle whatsoever! :D
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series