RoboCourier - NV

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas game and mod discussions. No adult content, please.

RoboCourier - NV

Postby Fenrir » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:53 pm

So I've found a "robot race" mod for new vegas (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43732/?)
And decided to make a playthrough out of it because this is what I love to do.
So, any ideas from you all as to any restrictions I ought to put on the bot? No healing items, obviously. I'll look into finding something that could pass off as him getting repaired, but Aid items are out.
Would he care about any factions, or have any sense of morals or Karma? Doubtful. What would he do in a moral situation though? Protect himself? Should he have some sort of directive or AI?
Fenrir
Defender

Title: A Stray

Re: RoboCourier - NV

Postby Adul » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:22 pm

As I recall, In Fallout robots often possess some kind of personality. E.g. nationalistic, stern, silly, etc. Morals could be an integral part of their AI.

It would be fun if instead of hunger and thirst you would periodically consume energy cells.
Adul
Warden

Postby Fenrir » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Actually, the race DOES have a change of things for Hardcore mode. Energy and physical condition instead of hydration and food. Recharge those by crouching and sapping energy from an electrical source, and apparently it adds new aid items to work with repairs and the like. The robot's body implies it was made by the pre-war army for the pre-war army, so that might influence its decisions.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby neildarkstar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:35 am

Adul wrote:As I recall, In Fallout robots often possess some kind of personality. E.g. nationalistic, stern, silly, etc. Morals could be an integral part of their AI.

It would be fun if instead of hunger and thirst you would periodically consume energy cells.

Yeah, Ed-E obviously had some kind of feelings for his creator who sent him West.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Fenrir » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 pm

True enough.
Fenrir
Defender

Return to Fallout Series