NV Pip Boy Armor

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas game and mod discussions. No adult content, please.

NV Pip Boy Armor

Postby Fenrir » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:31 pm

So, you know how the armor in game has a different sort of mesh that equips only on the player, but when you equip a pip boy remover mod of some sort, the armor goes to the regular NPC version?

I have armor added by a mod that doesn't do that. The armor looks fine on an NPC, but when the player equips it, the left sleeve messes up like the player has a pip-boy. Which the character does not.
So, does anyone know what causes the mesh to change when the game thinks you have a pip boy? I've contacted the mod author about it but she wasn't much help, just told me the jacket wasn't made for the player and pointed me towards the mod the jacket originally came from, but that mod's version clips terribly.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: A Stray

Re: NV Pip Boy Armor

Postby Fenrir » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Scratch that! I finally did it. I may or not be uploading that as a little mod depending on if I get the original author's permission.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Fenrir » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 pm

... No, no I didn't fix it, it broke again. I have no idea what the hell is wrong with this jacket.
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Fenrir » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Welp, I give up. Jacket's being a pain in the ass and the mod author is being kinda weird about it. Not exactly friendly.. I imagine she's just tired about people bothering her.
Tried to be courteous and understanding with my questions but oh well.

Putting too much work into this, barely got any sleep last night and I'm not eager to do that again tonight.
Fenrir
Defender

Return to Fallout Series