Fallout: New Vegas archive invalidation steps.

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas game and mod discussions. No adult content, please.

Fallout: New Vegas archive invalidation steps.

Postby Jac » Sat May 11, 2013 11:19 pm

I've been searching around the Internet looking for the proper way to activate archive invalidation, but had to figure out the best way myself. My findings:

• Extract the attached file into the Data folder.
  • Open the Fallout_default.ini file in your FO:NV main folder and find the Archive section.
  • Change bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 & bUseArchives=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 & bUseArchives=1.
  • Change the SArchiveList to SArchiveList=Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa.
  • Save the file and open both the Fallout.ini & FalloutPrefs.ini files in your %user%\documents\my games\FalloutNV, where %user% is the username you log into Windows with. You may need to clear the read only flag on the Fallout.ini file.

Essentially, the archive invalidation bsa needs to be named Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa or maybe just ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, and it also needs to come before the texture bsa files. Also, all bsa files FO:NV uses have to be in that archive list, otherwise you'll get pink screens, screwy body textures, and other weirdness. I was having problems with Robert's Type IV body replacer before I did this and now it displays properly.
Attachments
Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.7z
(200 Bytes) Downloaded 474 times
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: Fallout: New Vegas archive invalidation steps.

Postby neildarkstar » Sun May 12, 2013 4:27 am

Are you trying to tell me that FOMM's archive invalidation is faulty?'Cuz it seemed to have worked fine except for what I perceive as "normal" Bethesda bugs, eh?
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Re: Fallout: New Vegas archive invalidation steps.

Postby Jac » Sun May 12, 2013 12:52 pm

It didn't work for me, but if it's working for you, I wouldn't worry about it. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Return to Fallout Series