Fallout: New Vegas archive invalidation steps.

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas game and mod discussions. No adult content, please.

Fallout: New Vegas archive invalidation steps.

Postby Jac » Sat May 11, 2013 11:19 pm

I've been searching around the Internet looking for the proper way to activate archive invalidation, but had to figure out the best way myself. My findings:

• Extract the attached file into the Data folder.
  • Open the Fallout_default.ini file in your FO:NV main folder and find the Archive section.
  • Change bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 & bUseArchives=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 & bUseArchives=1.
  • Change the SArchiveList to SArchiveList=Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa.
  • Save the file and open both the Fallout.ini & FalloutPrefs.ini files in your %user%\documents\my games\FalloutNV, where %user% is the username you log into Windows with. You may need to clear the read only flag on the Fallout.ini file.

Essentially, the archive invalidation bsa needs to be named Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa or maybe just ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, and it also needs to come before the texture bsa files. Also, all bsa files FO:NV uses have to be in that archive list, otherwise you'll get pink screens, screwy body textures, and other weirdness. I was having problems with Robert's Type IV body replacer before I did this and now it displays properly.
Attachments
Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.7z
(200 Bytes) Downloaded 493 times
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: Fallout: New Vegas archive invalidation steps.

Postby neildarkstar » Sun May 12, 2013 4:27 am

Are you trying to tell me that FOMM's archive invalidation is faulty?'Cuz it seemed to have worked fine except for what I perceive as "normal" Bethesda bugs, eh?
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby Jac » Sun May 12, 2013 12:52 pm

It didn't work for me, but if it's working for you, I wouldn't worry about it. :biggrin:
Jac
The Boss

Postby Jac » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:53 pm

Just an FYI: Mod Organizer 2 automates this process so you no longer need the above file if you're using that. If you're using something else, the above steps still work.
Jac
The Boss

Return to Fallout Series