The Warden's Office - NCRCF Home (FO:NV) 1.2

Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas game and mod discussions. No adult content, please.

The Warden's Office - NCRCF Home (FO:NV) 1.2

Postby Fenrir » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:48 pm

There you are, wandering the great big sandbox of the Mojave, camping, shooting, hiking, whatever tickles your fancy. And it comes to you, you need a proper home. A real place to call your own.
And where better than a big ol' prison? Secure, spacey, looks pretty damn cool. And there just happens to be one, namely the NCRCF.
So you kick the door down, shoot the place up, and set up a nice little living quarters in the Warden's Office. Home sweet home.
It's not pretty, but it'll do. And maybe it's where you belong, really.
WHAT IT DO
-Bed and non-respawning locker in the Warden's Office
-A radio, if you're into that
-Work and reloading benches in a side room
-A chemistry set, if you're some kind of nerd
-A healthy bit of safe storage. Medical, Weapons, Gear, and Armor. They're all named and on the first floor, those should all be safe. Should. I hope.
-Everything in the prison facility is yours! Probably. Might have missed some random piece of clutter. If I did, lemme know and I'll fix it if it's a big deal.
-Auto Locking Door! Check the ammo box by the front desk for a little key. The bar gate will lock itself whenever you close it, if you want that extra immersion.
this took me forever to make I've never done scripting before, but I made it work. Praise me. Please.

-Your very own infirmary!
-Shooting range out in the yard. It's the wasteland, no one plays basketball anymore. Who would you even play against?

WHAT IT DON'T
-Work with any NCRCF quests, at all
I deleted basically all the NPCs there. Might be a few stragglers, but no one who can actually do anything

-Look good, it's a dump. If ya want some fancy ol' estate, there's plenty of those mods out there. If you're looking for a mound of dirt to sleep in, I'm your man.

Also seriously if you have any of the NCRCF related quests you wanna do, do them before installing this mod. Please. You have been warned. This screws all that up. Sue me.

NCRCFHome 1.2.zip
1.2 version of the mod, current latest version.
(13.96 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
There be the download link. Extract the .esp from the .zip, slap it into your /data folder, tick the box in your mod manager of choice, and go get settled in.

Screenshots:
Code: Select all
https://imgur.com/a/i4JWHgQ

CHANGELOG
v1.2
-The great ownership purge of 2018, everything should now belong to the player. Your prison, your stuff
-Visitor's center is a little more homey, I suppose
-Working infirmary in the Admin clinic! Right under the first aid kit. It may or may not be your first
-Firing range out in the yard, for when ya just wanna shoot for no reason in particular

v1.11
-AUTO LOCK DOOR BABY I FIGURED IT OUT (look under what it do)

v1.1
-safe storage First Aid Kit in clinic
-cooking range in the break room, if you need to eat i guess
-safe(?) storage in the room before the stairs, for loot or personal use

v1.0
-launch, if you could call it that

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or praises do let me know. This is more or less my first noteworthy new vegas mod, beyond a failed radio station and some goofing around for personal use. So I'm sure I broke something beyond the questline. Lemme know if shit ain't working and I'll do my best to fix it.
Especially let me know if that cooking range is screwed up, I'm actually not sure if I used a vanilla mesh or not. Oops.
That gate might be a little wonky the first time you open it due to some scripting attempts going terribly wrong, but it'll work after the first time. Probably. Lemme know if that breaks, too. :happy:
Last edited by Fenrir on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fenrir
Defender

Title: Stray Dog

Re: The Warden's Office - NCRCF Home (FO:NV) 1.1

Postby fleet » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Fenrir,
It's good to hear from you, even if I don't play FO:NV
Very respectfully,
fleet
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
fleet
Enforcer

Re: The Warden's Office - NCRCF Home (FO:NV) 1.1

Postby Fenrir » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:56 pm

I figured it'd been awhile since I showed up around here, I miss y'all sometimes. :whistling:
Fenrir
Defender

Re: The Warden's Office - NCRCF Home (FO:NV) 1.2

Postby Fenrir » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Officially on 1.2. My baby has grown quite a bit, and I'll add more eventually, but I consider this more or less to be what I wanted to be, and more.
Next on the agenda will be to do something with those cell blocks, no idea what yet. For now, I gotta go do my actual job. :scamper:
Fenrir
Defender

Postby Raym » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:36 am

*the lurker is lurking*

:wave:
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Jac » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:17 am

You can host your mods here, Fen. :mockery: Congrats on the release. :goodjob:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Fenrir » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:30 pm

In that case, don't mind if I do.
Fenrir
Defender

Return to Fallout Series