Shivering Isles, Madgods & Cheese

Oblivion and Oblivion mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Shivering Isles, Madgods & Cheese

Postby PiNK PiPER » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 pm

So I stole this thread idea from Nessa so creds to her. The Shivering Isles is really an awesome place and yet there are so few mods for it so this thread for sharing mods and working links to mods and to discuss everything Shivering Isles.

Bomret Texture Pack for Shivering Isles by Bomret http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/28378/?

SI Defending the Realm by David Brasher http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/36083/?

Shivering Isles Root System by David Brasher http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/30279/?

I use a few others and I will update this thread in the future

EDIT: Sheogorath Palace https://princessstomper.wordpress.com/2009/03/24/sheogorath-palace/
PiNK PiPER

Re: Shivering Isles, Madgods & Cheese

Postby Jac » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:46 am

Stickied.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby fable2 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm

David Brasher's a nice guy. Good to see you promoting what he does for SI.

I'd link to a few things on Nexus myself, but since they've decided to swallow all of the RPGs in existence moving through there has become like moving through molasses for me.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby PiNK PiPER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 am

Oh no you don't fable2. Ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni ni n ini n ini ni ni ni ni ni nii in :rant:
PiNK PiPER

Postby Nessa » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:30 am

I'm always intending to do a series of comprehensive Oblivion mod threads but just never get around to it. For SI content don't forget the wondrous Integration: Stranded Light. :biggrin:

Has quite a few requirements however, though I like even those. :-D

Also, Wyre Shivering Death is a good one. That makes you wade through Oblivion if you get killed after you're a new Daedric Princess! (I don't go for the "Prince" title, thanks.) I actually based one of my upcoming mods on this concept. Fun thing is, it works perfectly with Shivering Death too! Wyre was wonderful!
Nessa
Journeyman

Title: Queen

Postby fable2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Integration is a fantastic mod. I've found the modder not always communicative, but there's an extremely supportive fan base on the ES boards that can help out if problems occur during the installation (which was a bit daunting, at least at one time) and the play.
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Symon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 pm

IIRC, the modder is German. English certainly isn't his first language which probably explains it.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.
Symon
Journeyman

Title: Wirrn

Postby PiNK PiPER » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:48 pm

fable2 wrote:Integration is a fantastic mod. I've found the modder not always communicative, but there's an extremely supportive fan base on the ES boards that can help out if problems occur during the installation (which was a bit daunting, at least at one time) and the play.

Good information thanks. I do remember that mod when I first got into Oblivion but it was too complicated at the time. Time to take a second look :goodjob:
PiNK PiPER

Postby PiNK PiPER » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:46 am

Sheogoraths Accords of Madness by giskard
http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/index.php?option=com_rsfiles&view=files&layout=download&path=Sheo_accordsofmadnessv1.4.1.zip&Itemid=199 You will have to sign up to download this. Voice acted. Amazing website that offers quality voiced mods for Bethesda games. (Their Skyrim mods look very interesting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSsczAgudY

This mod is an Overhaul of the Shivering Isles and it is also dependent upon;
Required = Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion V1.2
Required = The Shivering Isles
Required = Cyrodiil Upgrade Resource Pack 1.4.8
Required = Cyrodiil Upgrade Resource Pack Patch ALL to V2.5 or higher.

One of the more frustrating things about the Shivering Isles once the main quest ends is most of the locations in it have served their purpose and are no longer of interest. A handful of side quests remain and most of those are pretty dull. You are a god of realm that is rather boring after you finish the plot. So I thought what the hell, lets allow the player to really rule this place and be a god. As with Kvatch Aftermath when you got to be Count, this aims to be Lordly, giving you the power to decide things in a mad god kind of way. Since you are supposed to be a mad god too, some of those powers will be GODLY powers but they will only work inside the Shivering isles for ballancing reasons with the rest of the game.

Recruiting new followers to your side, increasing your powers as a result, building things that allow you to gather magicka on an industrial scale and build huge devices to do things that no small enchantment could ever do will be features of this mod. Dagon used similar things to open up the oblivion gates. Time for you to do something just as impressive in your own realm.

As you rise to become a full daedra prince, your powers will increase and as they do, new powers and abilities will become available to you. These powers appear as Accords of Madness and work on almost everything. The first power you get is Accords of Madness Normalize and this spell removes the effects of other powers from the NPC it is cast on. Thus Normalizing that NPC.
PiNK PiPER

Postby neildarkstar » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:01 pm

"Sheogoraths Accords of Madness" sounds pretty good. I was also disappointed by SI after attaining Godlike powers that did absolutely nothing...

I'm not sure what the power used was, but did you ever try to attack with O'l Uncle Sheo with a bow from the other side of the room? I'da liked to have that one...
:biggrin:
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Next

Return to Oblivion