Top ten Morrowind mods

Morrowind and Morrowind mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: Top ten Morrowind mods

Postby candesco » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:06 pm

It probably is something of what you expect and i expected of what was described. Well, let's say that some things didn't turn out good and for me it was a disappointment.
As for Vivec; first time i visited that place it was something like i was entering a maze, with those big blocks. It was huge for me. I started to like it, until i heard an awfull voice saying "if you here for trouble, you get more then you bargain for" Yep, the ordinators. Gotta love them. :P Still, i find Vivec city a great place. But Sadrith Mora is my favourite. When i entered that place for the first time it was like of coming home. Ah, those mushrooms.

A top 10. Quite difficult as i use quite some mods and alot of them i like it.
Well, i don't have to mention MCP and UMP/MPP, as those ones are installed by everybody. And Better Bodies is also quite the standard nowadays, so i'm not gonna mention that in my top 10.

1. Westly's mods, like Master Head Pack X, Azura creature and statue replacer, The Shrine of Mephala, Better Almalexia II, Alakazar;s Lamp, Aureals, npc head replacer.
2. Clothiers of Vvardenfell
3. Building Up Uvirith's Grave
4. Hilgya the Seamstress
5. Phijama's Themed bow sets
6. Jasmine, Constance (i find them both good)
7. Provincial Bathe Shoppe
8. Metal Queen Boutique
9. Kat's Kastle
10. Hideaway Cottage/Balmora Riverhouse (find them both great. calislahn's riverhouse i use for the early stages and shezrie's hideaway cottage becomes a base of operations for a while)

I also find Gothic Attire Complete great and Arkham Experience.
candesco
Associate

Postby Donkey » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:39 am

How does morrowind play on windows 7 ?? i used to play it allot when i still had winXP. But when oblivion came out i never played it again due to out dated graphics.. I just could not bare looking at it again.. :D

I see there are allot of new mods out now. Are there any mods to allow hirezz graphcis to make to make it look better then it was ???
Retired modder and enjoying it. :D
Donkey
Journeyman

Postby Adul » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:01 am

I'm not confident enough to make a numbered list of my favorite mods, but here's some of what I enjoy the most in my game:

Entertainers
Redesigned Vivec
Morrowind Code Patch
Vurt's tree mods
Starfire's NPC Additions
Graphic Herbalism
Westly's clothes, armor, and head mods
The LGNPC mods
Real Signposts

Out of my own mods I'm also quite fond of Opponent Fatigue Indicator and Shut Up!, but I think there's a bias there. ;)
Adul
Warden

Postby Kiteflyer61 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:24 am

Donkey wrote:How does morrowind play on windows 7 ?? i used to play it allot when i still had winXP. But when oblivion came out i never played it again due to out dated graphics.. I just could not bare looking at it again.. :D

I see there are allot of new mods out now. Are there any mods to allow hirezz graphcis to make to make it look better then it was ???

Morrowind plays quite well on Win7, as long as you install to a non-standard directory (anywhere but program files (x86) ) and run as admin.

If you have any issues, we're here to help. :D

As for graphics, if you have the GPU to handle it, you can make MW almost look new. The right combination of texture replacers and MGE can make for an absolutely stunning look. :D

KF
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."
Kiteflyer61
Protector

Title: Hired Gun

Postby Jac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:00 pm

The x86 is only on the 64-bit versions, so if you're using a 32-bit version, you don't have to worry about that. Elaura's uncle has the 32-bit version and all of his games are installed to the Program Files folder and he hasn't had any problems running any of them, so I guess the 64-bit version is more restrictive with that folder. Anyway, as KF said, just install it somewhere other than the default, like Games\Morrowind and you'll be fine. With MGE and plenty of graphical replacers, you can make it look pretty much however you want. By the way, MGE has Bloom and HDR shaders. :shades:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Slaanesh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:18 pm

I don't really play anymore, but when I do, I use the following:

1) All the mods from my "Guide to being a Ninja in Morrowind" guide.
2) All of my privately and publicly made Anime mods (Damascus's Shop, The Gourd, Morrowind Kunai, some clothes)
3) Better bodies/Graphics replacers that require ESP
4) Assasain's Armory
5) Bob's Armory
6) Special Slave Companions
7) House of Mannequins
8) Cragonmoor
9) Vivec Re-Designed
10) My other various mods that I've downgraded from other games or just made for little things.
Slaanesh
Journeyman

Postby fable2 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:19 am

Slaanesh, "all the mods from my guide" and "all of my privately and publicly made anime mods" don't count as two mods out of a possible ten, you know. If they did, my list would read:

1) all the store mods I like
2) all the companion mods I use
3) all the texture mods I've added
4) all the...

but I'm sure you get the idea. ;)
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Slaanesh » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:57 pm

Well, I combine them all, so I don't really know exactly which ones they are. My modlist is just a jumbo of combined mods for different playing styles. :flamingmad:
Slaanesh
Journeyman

Postby fable2 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 am

So are mine: 212 at last count, if you leave out texture mods. Just, well, select 10 of all those you got. It's tough, but I have faith in you! :bow:
fable2
Wolflore Staff

Postby Slaanesh » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Hmm okay.
1)Damascus's Shop
2) Darknut's Texture Replacer
3) The Underground 2
4) Special Slave Companions
5) Better Bodies
6) Bob's Armory
7) Oshiel's Animations Replacer (Idk the right author name; I think it's Oshiel)
8) Gourd
9) Snow Elves
10) Game Setting Mod
Slaanesh
Journeyman

PreviousNext

Return to Morrowind