Better Robes[Beta]

Morrowind and Morrowind mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: Better Robes[Beta]

Postby Cryptocaryon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:36 am

Hi! Lovely work. The robes look great! Can't wait to see what you have ready next.

In the patch for UFR, I noticed a couple of easily fixed things. The flamemirror, flameeater, poisonmirror, and poisoneater robes didn't seem to have a female mesh assigned. There might have been an easier way of doing this, but I merged the UFR patch into Better Robes and then assigned the appropriate meshes in the CS.

Also, my system would CTD when I tried to equip the UFR patch version of the Robe of Drake's Pride. I got it to work by changing the texture paths of the male, female, and first person meshes from alais\c\whatever to textures\alais\c\whatever. The meshes show up in NifSkope just fine, but the CS won't display textures and the game crashes with a million warnings.
Cryptocaryon
Associate

Postby Moranar » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:17 am

Thanks! I have fixed these bugs and updated the first post.
Cryptocaryon wrote:Can't wait to see what you have ready next.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage
Moranar
Associate

Postby Nhog » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:11 am

Those robes are wicked-cool, Moranar. This is a mod that's going straight to my list of essentials. BB always left me a bit torn, because the clothes and armor seemed to completely revert its intended affect. My Vvardenfel isn't entirely populated by Nords outwitted by witches.

Thank you for doing this!
~Nhog
Nhog
Associate

Postby Spirithawke » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Quick note about that patch I made (see Moranar's first post)...it is meant to de-conflict Better Robes for any mod that might need to use those wrist slots, Animated Morrowind and it's variants happen to be the currently reported mod to conflict.
Spirithawke
Associate

Postby Artaios » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks a lot for these, Moranar. Looks great :)

I do have a question though about this. Do they use NioLiv's meshes in their original form? Because it seems to that when I compare these screenshots with the ones on CanadianIce's website, the female waist, for instance looks much narrower than NioLiv's version. Maybe someone could answer this question for me.

Here is the link for NioLiv's version: http://canadianice.moddersrealm.com/RobeReplacer.html
Artaios
Associate

Postby Spirited Treasure » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:25 pm

I do not believe she used NioLiv's meshes for these robes, rather she redid the vanilla ones that were never done for females.
I am but a fragment cast apart from the whole.
A bit of flotsam to cling to in the storm.

I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows.
I am also an old old woman. More than that you need not know.

Step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut.
-Flemeth, Asha'Bellanar, Witch of the Wilds
Spirited Treasure
Defender

Title: Free Spirit

Previous

Return to Morrowind