MGE XE update released

Morrowind and Morrowind mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Re: MGE XE update released

Postby Jac » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:11 pm

I haven't tried it on my 240M, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. All I can guess is that XE isn't seeing your video card for some reason, Raym.
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Raym » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 am

Jac wrote:Have you tried completely uninstalling it and running Morrowind without it?

I did, but it was before I updated the driver for the video card.

So, I tried again. Morrowind worked fine without MGE XE. I reinstalled MGE XE, run the GUI to configure it (same as before) and run Morrowind in full screen: it worked, but it already worked in fullscreen after I updated the driver.

I tried again, this time in windowed mode: until now, I would still get the error message. This time the game run fine; only problem is, it runs in fullscreen, even though the "windowed mode" option is checked.

Well, at least it runs, though. ;)
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Jac » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:09 am

I'm not sure if XE can run MW in windowed mode, Raym, but I'm glad you got it working. :goodjob:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Raym » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:06 pm

I thought this thing about the windowed mode was fixed in this version... or maybe I've false memories of what I read. :P

Oh well, I'm almost sure that trying to run anything else with Morrowind running in another window would cause it to crash faster than by dividing by zero, anyway! :biggrin:
I don't have a dirty mind. I just have a sexy imagination.
Raym
Lurker Extraordinarie

Postby Elaura » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes, although Jac can run two programs at once and even alt-tab, it is not recommended to have any extra processes running in the background with Morrowind.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Darknut » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:30 pm

I would like to update First Person Helms to work with MGE XE. Is there a readme somewhere explaining the functions as they are now ... would rather not have to extrapolate how to do it if I don't have to. :)
Wait ... What?
Darknut
Associate

Postby Adul » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 pm

I have done a bit of messing around with the new HUD functions, Darknut, and I didn't find any guides or references or anything of the sort. Your best bet is to ask for help on the officials (I'm a bit rusty myself) and, more importantly, look at the scripts in the HUD mods provided with MGE XE and mimic the functionality seen there.
Adul
Warden

Postby Darknut » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 am

Adul wrote:I have done a bit of messing around with the new HUD functions, Darknut, and I didn't find any guides or references or anything of the sort. Your best bet is to ask for help on the officials (I'm a bit rusty myself) and, more importantly, look at the scripts in the HUD mods provided with MGE XE and mimic the functionality seen there.

Yeah I have been Looking at excising HUD mods .... I'll figure it out but it would be a lot easier with a list of function definitions
Wait ... What?
Darknut
Associate

Previous

Return to Morrowind