Vounoura

Morrowind and Morrowind mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Vounoura

Postby Chthonian » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:04 am

Hello all!!! :wave: I am new here. My names Chthonian. I am a learning Morrowind modder. I know alot of basics with the CS and have made a few of my own mods before. I am looking to put together a small team of people to make a mod vision of mine come true: The Isle of Vounoura. Vounoura is the Morag Tongs secret island where they send their assassins after "they've become too famous". This is a part taken from the book: 2920, Evening Star about the island of Vounoura:
14 Evening Star, 2920
Tel Aruhn, Morrowind

Corda, dusty from the road, flew into the Night Mother's arms. For a moment, they stayed locked together, the Night Mother stroking her daughter's hair, kissing her forehead. Finally, she reached into her sleeve and handed Corda a letter.
“What is it?” asked Corda.
“A letter from the Potentate, expressing his delight at your expertise,” replied the Night Mother. “He's promised to send us payment, but I've already sent him back a reply. The late Empress paid us enough for her husband's death. Mephala would not have us be greedy beyond our needs. You should not be paid twice for the same murder, so it is written.”
“He killed Rijja, my sister,” said Corda quietly.
“And so it should be that you struck the blow.”
“Where will I go now?”
“Whenever any of our holy workers becomes too famous to continue the crusade, we send them to an island called Vounoura. It's not more than a month's voyage by boat, and I've arranged for a delightful estate for your sanctuary,” the Night Mother kissed the girl's tears. “You meet many friends there, and I know you will find peace and happiness at last, my child.”

My idea is to create this island. I have alot of concept ideas for it, but need the help of talented modders to help me make this happen! I myself can retexture meshes and I can navigate around the CS fairly well, but I am not very good when it comes to mesh editing or scripting. Anyway anyone is welcome to help me on this, I'd much appreciate it, If you want to help please leave a comment in this post, thanks Chthonian.
My Portable House Mod For Morrowind: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38722
Chthonian
Associate

Re: Vounoura

Postby Elaura » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:27 pm

:welcome:

Good luck with your mod. It sounds interesting! Maybe a brand-old multi-billion year old welcome rock will help you find volunteers!

:wrock:

Fine Print: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. This rock is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this rock is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this rock, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

ANTIDOTE: However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you are not actually a new member and/or do not feel you deserve to be welcomed at Wolflore, or have otherwise received this rock in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby neildarkstar » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Welcome! That sounds like an interesting project, eh?
"If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans." - Movie "Flypaper"
neildarkstar
Jac's Hero of the Day
Jac's Hero of the Day

Postby DARoot » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 am

Greetings, Chthonian, and Welcome to Wolflore!
Have a "Welcome Ducky!"
:ducky:
Best of luck with your mod! Looks interesting!

DARoot
DARoot

Postby darthsloth74 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Welcome to Wolflore Chthonian. :) If you need the odd 3d model or texture creating for your mod then feel free to ask since I'm getting very bored of Skyrim modding and have gone back to playing Morrowind.
A comment by a friend of mine:

Now every idiot that needs a crash helmet is online writing documentation for wikipedia and wisegeek.com
darthsloth74
Apprentice

Title: Sloth Lord

Postby Chthonian » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:58 pm

darthsloth74 wrote:Welcome to Wolflore Chthonian. :) If you need the odd 3d model or texture creating for your mod then feel free to ask since I'm getting very bored of Skyrim modding and have gone back to playing Morrowind.

Cool man, that'd be awesome. I just got Blender yesterday and have been watching ALOT of tutorials! I'm mainly just focusing on changing some meshes already in game, figure that'd be good practice, lol. I know it'd be nice to have some custom meshes made, and they dont need to be very detailed, simple meshes work fine for me! But I'll need to brainstorm some more with my ideas and I'll see what I need. Now all we need is a scripter and we'd be set on this!
My Portable House Mod For Morrowind: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38722
Chthonian
Associate

Postby tealpanda » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:00 am

Welcome, Chthonian, and good luck with your project!
tealpanda
Journeyman

Postby Jac » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:12 am

Welcome!

:fishystick:
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Postby Chthonian » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:42 pm

So I know its been years since anyone last posted anything in here(including myself) but I just wanted to let anyone know who was curious, I actually stopped working on this mod after getting frustrated with a few things that weren't exactly turning out like I wanted them to.

Now it being years later, I have actually started completely fresh on this project and have got a lot more done on it then what I had back then. My skills as a modder have increased as well, as I've gotten much better at making my own 3D models from scratch and among other things just overall I have gotten better with using the CS. Anyway, not sure how many people would be interested, but I plan on getting this mod done, no and if's or buts about it. My skills at making 3D models is decent, but I mostly make furniture and things like that, so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in making a certain model for me. I need a statue of Mephala for the center piece of the town. Scale wise, making it about the same size of the other statues already in game should work just fine.

Also I want to formally apologize for being absent from these forums for so long. I've been in and out of modding and just things IRL that have happened, but I plan on being around here a lot more and trying to be a part of this great community, thanks for your time guys
Chthonian
Associate

Postby Mr.Shadow1234 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:45 am

Damn. Hey mate, welcome.

Sorry but I do not know how to make Models.

I can attempt to write dialogue or books if you want me to.
Mr.Shadow1234
Protector

Title: Reaper

Return to Morrowind