Morrowind dialog tutorial

Morrowind and Morrowind mod discussion. No adult content, please.

Morrowind dialog tutorial

Postby Jac » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:53 pm

This is a tutorial I wrote in Word a while back that explains how to create dialog in Morrowind. It also includes a short quest example on how to create quests using dialog filters and journal entries. I hope it's useful.

Dialog Tutorial.7z
(13.78 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Jac
The Boss

Location: Somewhere on the left side of insanity, the right side was taken.
Title: Elder Wolf

Re: Morrowind dialog tutorial

Postby Elaura » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:19 pm

I just figured something out that I haven't seen in any tutorials:

If you need to move a dialog entry to the very top of a long list, highlight the entry you want to move and use ctrl-left arrow. To move to the very bottom, do the same with ctrl-right arrow. This little trick just saved me HOURS of moving "Hello" entries one by one after I made LCV schedules dependent on BM and Trib. This put all of those expansions' dialog entries before LCV's and scripts wouldn't start.
Available for weddings, funerals, hand fasting, and baptisms.
Elaura
Chaplain

Title: Mrs.

Postby Spirithawke » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:06 am

Hmm...this is good to know..thanks Elaura :D
Spirithawke
Associate

Postby tiebrakre » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Elaura wrote:I just figured something out that I haven't seen in any tutorials:

If you need to move a dialog entry to the very top of a long list, highlight the entry you want to move and use ctrl-left arrow. To move to the very bottom, do the same with ctrl-right arrow. This little trick just saved me HOURS of moving "Hello" entries one by one after I made LCV schedules dependent on BM and Trib. This put all of those expansions' dialog entries before LCV's and scripts wouldn't start.

NOW, SHE TELLS ME!!!!!-D Oj, I wish I had known this about a week ago. I might have more strands of hair left. *giggle*

Thank you for the tidbit, M'Lady!-D
tiebrakre
Journeyman

Postby Leonardo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:16 pm

I dunno why, but I didn't bother to learn how to create dialogue in CS until now. Anyway, I downloaded your dialogue tutorial Jac, and if I may suggest.

Have you ever thought about making your dialogue tutorial available as a PDF-document, just for the convenience of having pictures included about what next step would be e.g creating a new quest?

Having a PDF document is much easier for anyone to get started right away, a PDF document can even be read in most browsers via a PDF plugin, instead of having downloading and installing the OpenOffice suite before open a Word document.

Of course I know one can open a doc file in Notepad++, but some text formats will look like garbage when loading a doc document due for not knowning which Word version the doc file were saved in.
Leonardo
Journeyman

Title: Reborn Old Timer

Return to Morrowind